Chinese-Forums

CSC 2016 Applications

Chris Two Times

[3-16-2016, 12 noon, Beijing time]

Sent!

I sent it Express with UPS and I was told it should get to Washington DC by next week in time for the April 1st deadline for US citizens applying through the Chinese Embassy in the US.

I am not Muslim, but I really want to say...inshallah.

Good luck to all in the application process! Pretty soon we can, if desired, report on how it all has gone for us. I will report on my results and how I went about the application process later--this could be useful information for future applicants.

Warm regards,

Chris Two Times

Hello, all the best for all of you on ur applications, ur posts guys and the forum really encouraged me alot and as i started the process in late time so plz be patient with my frequent questions :)

I decided to a apply for a local government and i have contacted many univerities for BA program next day sichuan university sent me an application form of 2015 with a mark on the non diploma program my questions is

1 should i refill the application with my desired program and modify 2015 to 2016 ?

2 another part which unclear for me "opinions of target university?" is that means why I i want to study in their university?

3 health certificate is that refers to the physical examination form??

Hi everyone, hope you're tracking along fine in the last stretches of the CSC application. I wanted to see if anyone else is applying to an English taught Masters program at Tsinghua University? I'm from New Zealand and I applied to the MA in Global Business Journalism program and am waiting to see if I make it through to the interview stage. I'm wondering what the likelihood would be for full scholarship offered for an English Masters program? Most of the other commenters are doing Chinese language courses or undergraduate degrees.

Help me please,

Notary cost in my country is high, can I use a legal stamp from a lawyer court official with the inscription " certified true copy of original ".

anyone from Nigeria, let's get in touch (07038390311, jefa4real@yahoo.com) I don't know if Chinese embassy will accept applications directly or federal scholarship board.

Hi archibong,

Chinese embassy in Nigeria do not attend to scholarship programs. Its referred to the Federal Scholarship Board, and you'll have to sit for an FSB test. It held first week in March.

I'm not sure FSB receive posted scholarship applications, but you can find out.

All the best.

• Like 1

Hi, I hope someone can help me.

I'm from Costa Rica and I have the feeling that the scholarship process is handled a little bit different in my country. The international affairs office chooses what students will have the chance to apply, after that, the ones who were chosen will be interviewed by the Chinese embassy staff. The interview is the second filter and if you are chosen you will be given the chance to apply thru laihua website and all that...I'm wondering if anyone else had to undergo the same process in their countries...I have the interview this Monday...I'm extremely nervous eventho I have been in several job interviews in the past I'm not sure what they are going to ask me on this one...any thoghts ?

• Like 1

Hello people, by God's grace we shall be joyful when d results are out.

Pls, I need your advice on this:

I'm applying for a masters in d CGS through the Chinese University Program (independent enrollment), hence I'm to send my docs to the schools directly.

Since I can only input one agency number per application (the school is the agency in this case), is it allowed if I open another account, so as to input my second option agency number??

No school will want to select/forward any applicant's docs to CSC if you do not select them as your first choice and agency [i mean for those of us applying directly to the schools for degree].

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Hi Carranza,

Congrats on your interview selection.

I think the questions will surround these:

1. Why should you be awarded the scholarship.

2. What do you intend doing upon graduation;

3. If you are awarded the scholarship, how will this positively impact China and CostaRica [focus on how it will help bolster Sino-CostaRican ties and cooperation; the benefits both countries will gain]

Also, be clear on what your intended research/thesis will be.

All the best.

Hello people, by God's grace we shall be joyful when d results are out.

Pls, I need your advice on this:

I'm applying for a masters in d CGS through the Chinese University Program (independent enrollment), hence I'm to send my docs to the schools directly.

Since I can only input one agency number per application (the school is the agency in this case), is it allowed if I open another account, so as to input my second option agency number??

No school will want to select/forward any applicant's docs to CSC if you do not select them as your first choice and agency [i mean for those of us applying directly to the schools for degree].

Thanks.

Ok, this goes to everyone. Not because you can, means that you should.

DO NOT create multiple accounts on the CSC website for the sake of simultaneous applications, may it be for any reason that you could come up with.

As per last year's application, one of the reasons why applications got invalidated and rejected was because the CSC system recognized multiple accounts registered to one passport number. And yes, they do update their system making it follow fair and providing equal opportunity to each applicant.

Not unless you possess multiple passports, then yeah, maybe you can try.

Don't say I didn't give you the heads up.

As for the Universities, they do send and receive applications regardless of your first, second, and third choice. The appointed universities and CSC are well coordinated on this. They do initial screening filtering all that would qualify their profile quota and number of student per country. There is also a second screening, and final screening, again depending on the accepted filtered profiles of student applicants and number. Each International College has an Admission group that does all of these steps.

All the best to everyone.

• Like 1

Ok, this goes to everyone. Not because you can, means that you should.

DO NOT create multiple accounts on the CSC website for the sake of simultaneous applications, may it be for any reason that you could come up with.

As per last year's application, one of the reasons why applications got invalidated and rejected was because the CSC system recognized multiple accounts registered to one passport number. And yes, they do update their system making it follow fair and providing equal opportunity to each applicant.

Not unless you possess multiple passports, then yeah, maybe you can try.

Don't say I didn't give you the heads up.

As for the Universities, they do send and receive applications regardless of your first, second, and third choice. The appointed universities and CSC are well coordinated on this. They do initial screening filtering all that would qualify their profile quota and number of student per country. There is also a second screening, and final screening, again depending on the accepted filtered profiles of student applicants and number. Each International College has an Admission group that does all of these steps.

All the best to everyone.

I have a big dilemma now that you say that...

Weiwuji,

When I started this whole process I didn't know where to start so I registered an account in CSC website filled out the form but never hit the submit button. A month later I came back and realized that the system won't take my password (which is weird because I always use the same password for everything) eventho I log in and out many times before with no problem...so I tried to reset my password but after several attempts never received the reset password email (not even in the spam folder)....So I created another account filled out the form but then again I never hit submit...is this going to cause me any issues ?

I have a big dilemma now that you say that...

Weiwuji,

When I started this whole process I didn't know where to start so I registered an account in CSC website filled out the form but never hit the submit button. A month later I came back and realized that the system won't take my password (which is weird because I always use the same password for everything) eventho I log in and out many times before with no problem...so I tried to reset my password but after several attempts never received the reset password email (not even in the spam folder)....So I created another account filled out the form but then again I never hit submit...is this going to cause me any issues ?

Only completed applications.

After pressing submit, that's the time your registration is considered "accomplished". That is also the time you will see the status messages on your account landing page.

Thanks.

charis,

I don't have an intermediate answer for this.

This particular online application, for applying to the Chinese University Program through independent enrollment, will only allow you to input one school in your online application? There is no space for second and third school choices?

Warm regards,

Chris Two Times

Edited by Chris Two Times

Chris Two Times,

Let me explain better:

There are spaces for second and third school options under the 'choice of institution', not under 'agency'.

The application form is exactly the same as those of you applying through embassies, only that in our case (Independent enrollment) we have to input a school as our agency.

My initial fear was this: since I can only input one school as an agency (most likely my first choice school), won't my second and third option school feel restrained in selecting me for the scholarship as I didn't choose them as my agency. Hence, the idea of creating a new account where I can input the other schools as my agency.

U get my point?

Hello Chris,

Thanks for your reply, are you applying from Nigeria. I am applying for MOFCOM Scholarship, will I have to go through Federal scholarship board, we were asked to submit to the ECONOMIC AND COMMERCE OFFICER of Chinese embassy.

How are you applying if you are from NIGERIA.

Hi archibong,

Chinese embassy in Nigeria do not attend to scholarship programs. Its referred to the Federal Scholarship Board, and you'll have to sit for an FSB test. It held first week in March.

I'm not sure FSB receive posted scholarship applications, but you can find out.

All the best.