Chinese-Forums

CSC 2016 Applications

Chris Two Times

Chris Two Times,

Let me explain better:

There are spaces for second and third school options under the 'choice of institution', not under 'agency'.

The application form is exactly the same as those of you applying through embassies, only that in our case (Independent enrollment) we have to input a school as our agency.

My initial fear was this: since I can only input one school as an agency (most likely my first choice school), won't my second and third option school feel restrained in selecting me for the scholarship as I didn't choose them as my agency. Hence, the idea of creating a new account where I can input the other schools as my agency.

U get my point?

Hello everyone, I'm new to this forum and it's nice to see a very vibrant discussion on this year's CSC applications. I am currently a CSC scholarship recipient for a one year language program. While this is the case, I have applied again this year for another scholarship opportunity for my Masters, via our country's bilateral program. 

I already submitted my documents to our third party back home, complete with a pre-admission letter for an English-taught MA program in Tsinghua. Just last friday, I received an Award Letter for CGS Opportunity from our Chinese embassy. 

Regardless of the current progress of my applications, I still feel uneasy, with the waiting process constantly nerve-wracking! I just want to know what do you guys think my chances are of getting a scholarship given my progress. 

Thanks everyone. 

• Like 1

@Archibong,

Study plan- 5 pages?!

You're aware your docs should not exceed 20 pages in total, right?..although I think it could exceed by say 2 pages! (my thoughts o)

Sectoral headings--you don't have to.

Go to any high court to get dem notarised. You might have to bargain to get a pay a fair amount depending on the number of copies you want to notarise.

The more the pages, the better the deal.

So, get to an high court first!

...and by the way I'm Charis!

@Archibong,

Study plan- 5 pages?!

You're aware your docs should not exceed 20 pages in total, right?..although I think it could exceed by say 2 pages! (my thoughts o)

Sectoral headings--you don't have to.

Go to any high court to get dem notarised. You might have to bargain to get a pay a fair amount depending on the number of copies you want to notarise.

The more the pages, the better the deal.

So, get to an high court first!

...and by the way I'm Charis!

@ Charis, I'm sorry for the name error.

Can you give me a detailed description of the type of notarisation. Is it a stamp endorsing "through copy of original" or a seal by a notary public?

What was the cost like? I want to go tomorrow, I'm in Lagos presently, where do you base?

I know about the page limit, all my documents are exactly 20 pages. I compressed it to 5 pages.

@ Charis, I'm sorry for the name error.

Can you give me a detailed description of the type of notarisation. Is it a stamp endorsing "through copy of original" or a seal by a notary public?

What was the cost like? I want to go tomorrow, I'm in Lagos presently, where do you base?

• New Members

Hello, I just one to ask a question. I am in a dilemma. :help

So I am not a native speaker of English. I also want to send my CSC application. So my dilemma, that I have language exam that shows I am able to speak and write English at a certain level (B2). I also want attach these photocopy of the documents, but when I filled the registration form, I did not wrote that in. Mainly because it is just a test examination. It is worth putting this document into the envelope, or I will not have any advantage of it. Sadly, my country has a large bureaucracy, maybe I stress because of that. :wall

Kind Regards

• New Members

Hello everyone,

I was wondering if anyone had ever forgotten their password on the csc website before.
I pressed "reset password" but never received a new link via email.
I provided my school email address, as I more often check that account, but I am worried that the email is not going through via my school email account.

Every day I checked my email's junk folder, deleted mails, etc. and requested to "reset password" multiple times, but still am not receiving any emails from csc.

(I remember my previous password now, but I'm afraid my password has already been reset; my original password is not working and letting me in.)

Whom should I contact in this case?
I tried emailing the webpage master, and is not receiving any reply yet either... ;<

jungyook

Hello everyone,

I was wondering if anyone had ever forgotten their password on the csc website before.

I pressed "reset password" but never received a new link via email.

I provided my school email address, as I more often check that account, but I am worried that the email is not going through via my school email account.

Every day I checked my email's junk folder, deleted mails, etc. and requested to "reset password" multiple times, but still am not receiving any emails from csc.

(I remember my previous password now, but I'm afraid my password has already been reset; my original password is not working and letting me in.)

Whom should I contact in this case?

I tried emailing the webpage master, and is not receiving any reply yet either... ;<

jungyook

Same thing happened to me, never got a new password to log into my original account. I just made a new gmail and used that one to fill out the application.