Chinese-Forums

CSC 2016 Applications

Chris Two Times

Hello house,I will like to know,for MOFCOM applicants in Nigeria, is there another way of submitting our MOFCOM application (documents)since Chinese Embassy in Nigeria is not collecting/accepting application documents?

• New Members

Hello world!

I'm a new user, in case I didn't follow any of your houserules, please don't hurt me :)

I'm 22 years old student from Poland. I have had applied for STL - LL.M. Law Program in Shenzhen (Peking Univeristy) where I was officially admitted for 2016/2017 academic year. Everything went well and perfect!

Now, winter is coming..

I was earlier told that CGS will cover tuition fully so I submited CGS application with Chinese representative in Poland and I didn't worry about that much. Yesterday I talked to some friend who actually study there and she told me that she was only granted with 30K RMB when tuition is 176K RMB - I know, quite a nice money. It got me a little dubious and literally I'm stressted out right now. 

Finally, questions:

1. Firstly do you know if any kind of CGS would be able to cover tuition completly ?

2. Could I apply for more than one CGS (for instance, EU, MOFCOM and University) ?

PS Chinese representative don't know about it much. 

I sent my application from Beijing to the Chinese Embassy in Washington, DC on Wednesday, March 16th. I emailed the representative in the Chinese Embassy last night (Thursday, March 24th) to inquire if my application has been received and just this morning I got an email response stating that it has. My waiting game now begins.  8)

Warm regards,

Chris Two Times

Helo house,please I am still waiting for your responses.What alternative is left for me to send my MOFCOM documents since Chinese Embassy in Nigeria is not receiving applications? I need your prompt response.Thanks

• Like 1

@Chris Two TImes 

and after submitting it to the embassy, do they screen all applicants and choose among you guys who they're going to "recommend" to the CSC office in Beijing? 

In our case, I also applied through the bilateral program but we have a third party agency (our education ministry) who does the screening, hence we first submit our applications to them and then the ministry handpicks those they will recommend to the embassy. by the time it reaches the embassy, the embassy people just basically checks if we have the necessary documents needed then that's it. 

just curious how the CGS bilateral program works with other countries. 

Welp! I'm done with the application and have submitted everything to my university (They are sending it out to the Chinese Consulate in LA). Now it's time to play the waiting game! Hope to be able to update in a few months that I got in!  :lol:

@I.carranza - I used gmail, I've sent emails to them before and received their replies on it. I've heard yahoo is not blocked in China though, so maybe that is safer?

• Like 2

I also finally sent mine out! I had a minor crisis with the health forms as no hospital would do them without the x-rays and no hospital would do the x-rays, but finally managed to send my application directly to ZheDa.

Good luck to everyone!

EDIT: I also used gmail for all my correspondence with the Chinese authorities.

• Like 2

The chinese council of my country told all the applicants that the xrays, electrocardiogram and blood test were not really necessary. ..only a basic medical test ...I don't know what to think...any advise...any thoughts ?

@I.carranza: The school itself told me the x-ray was not required as I would need to take it again in China. The hospitals in America would not sign the form without the x-ray, however. I had to go to several before one would! I didn't do the EKG, either, but I did do the full blood test panel (just to be safe).

@l.carranza

My best advice is to contact your local chinese embassy, if it's the “agency” in charge of your application.

Embassies have requirements that can vary from country to country. Mine asks for 3 copies instead of 2, and told me that the xray and the blood tests were necessary.

The best thing to do is to ask them directly. Only your local Chinese Embassy will have the answer to these questions.

Hey!

Someone here wrote "docs should not exceed 20 pages in total"

Where can I find official information about this page limit? I didn't see this information :shock:

So... 1 set of documents shouldn't exceed 20 pages or this is the limit of 2 sets?

@swall_y

On the "APPLICATION FORM FOR CHINESE GOVERNMENT SCHOLARSHIP", page 3: "Each Set of the complete materials should not exceed 20 pages."

But I've asked about this and got this:"I hereby confirm you that you may provide 30 pages if have to. no problem."

• Like 1

Hello everyone!

I would like to ask some questions about the Chinese Government Scholarship-EU Program:

- am I allowed to ask for both the Chinese Government Scholarship and the Confucius Institute Scholarship at the same time? Obviously receiving only one of them in case I'll get both.

- if I refuse the Chinese Government Scholarship (for example because I get another one) am I allowed to ask for this scholarship a second time in the future?

Thank you advance!

and after submitting it to the embassy, do they screen all applicants and choose among you guys who they're going to "recommend" to the CSC office in Beijing? 

@williamcarey,

I presume that's how the Chinese Embassy in Washington, DC does it: I believe it then becomes a back-and-forth game if the 1st choice university says no, then the 2nd choice university is approached with one's materials, and then onward to the 3rd choice if needed.

@Alex_Hart

Good to see that you submitted the application on time! Best wishes in the pursuit of ZheDa!

Warm regards,

Chris Two Times

TO ALL U.S. APPLICANTS SUBMITTING TO THE CHINESE EMBASSY IN WASHINGTON, DC: APPLICATION DEADLINE IS COMING UP, THIS FRIDAY, APRIL 1ST (and that's no April Fool's Day joke either!)

• Like 1

Hi , please help on this

I'm applying for local government and I found this parts which confused me a lot .1-guarantor charging us case in China should I just ignore this part as I don't have one?

2-The second part specify the person or organisation recommending you for this scholarship. I'm individual applicant can I just type Chinese forum or I have to type name of institution and get a letter from them ?

2-Describe the study or research plan in China . Note: please illustrate the subject of your research or the main content of your study you can give some courses to attend in China . Can I just type Chinese language

3- my transcripts don't include scores it's just the grade of each term ( good or very good ) can I just send my secondary school degree and transcripts of the last year ?

I don't think there is. It's strictly through the embassy. I think the embassy has a long standing alliance with the FSB for selecting scholarship recipients. The CSC site states that each embassy has the liberty to adopt it's own modality for selection, and also set its own deadline.

Anyway, if you have anyother update, kindly let me know.