Chinese-Forums

CSC 2016 Applications

Chris Two Times

Hello

I am an applicant from Uganda. I applied for the csc through the embassy but noticed I made a few mistakes

1) I didnot add details of my parents as it was under Contact in China

2) I didnot include my bloodgroup

3) I interchanged my names with surname replacing last name

Please some of my friends can no longer log in while I am able to login in and my status is still form submitted. Anyone with an idea on whether these could have made mine rejected could help inform me

I once again called ZheDa and inquired as to the status of my admissions given all the responses people here are getting. ZheDa said they do not expect to notify anybody until mid- to late-July. This is quite worrying, given the small amount of time between notification and the beginning of the semester!  :wall

However, the professor stated that really the only thing under question is whether a "professor will take you as their student" (this is for the Masters). I suppose this makes sense in light of what a PhD entails, but I wonder if that means we're tied to an adviser for the MA as well.

Congrats for you guys who already got the Scholarship confirmation, and wish the best result for us which still waiting for official confirmation about the scholarship.

Today i just contact ISO in HIT and they told me the final results will be notified around June.

Actually im very nervous too because i need to resign from my office and it needs 1 month notice to make the knowledge transfer process.

Fortunately if it around June for official Scholarship confirmation, i still got enough time to make clearance.

Again wish the best for us. :)

I wonder if that means we're tied to an adviser for the MA as well.

@Alex,

You may be. I don't think that's an uncommon thing for Mainland universities.

Warm regards,

Chris Two Times

• Like 1

I once again called ZheDa and inquired as to the status of my admissions given all the responses people here are getting. ZheDa said they do not expect to notify anybody until mid- to late-July. This is quite worrying, given the small amount of time between notification and the beginning of the semester! :wall

However, the professor stated that really the only thing under question is whether a "professor will take you as their student" (this is for the Masters). I suppose this makes sense in light of what a PhD entails, but I wonder if that means we're tied to an adviser for the MA as well.

I agree for this, we will be tied for the professor who will take the master degree applicant and review our research proposal while submitting the application.

But having application directly to the university, and if u already told that u are nominated or get selected maybe ur research proposal is already accepted by them (uni or advisor)

As in my case, im still not yet made contact to my potential advisor.

But they already told /notified me that i was successful on university selection process.

And again after got that good news in early April, i ask about whether im possible to contact my potential advisor before the final result.

But they just said that they will happily help me to do that but wait for the scholarship status first from CSC ( regarding the quota which will be allocated to them (HIT) maybe)

Now im feeling very nervous but dont wanna burden my minds whether i got it or not. I will just accept the results :). Because i also cant log in to laihua, i hit the forgot password and the new / generated password never reach me. ( Maybe because im using gmail ).

So i never / cant look at my status in laihua since my online application submitted in Dec 2015 and my physical application forwarded to CSC by HIT in Jan 2016.

As if i didnt make it, i will try again and again for another chances while doing my daily hectic works and activities to collect the diamonds lol.

Psst : sorry for down voting ur post i didn't mean it. I got slipped in my phone lol..

As to pay my sin i will up vote ur others post :D

Hmm maybe that will old explain why it's taking so long? Maybe various professors have to review our applications.

I didn't write a research proposal because I felt it was too early for that! I just wrote a personal statement/study plan with a small section on possible research topics.

Hope that doesn't affect my chances!

Hello

I am an applicant from Uganda. I applied for the csc through the embassy but noticed I made a few mistakes

1) I didnot add details of my parents as it was under Contact in China

2) I didnot include my bloodgroup

3) I interchanged my names with surname replacing last name

Please some of my friends can no longer log in while I am able to login in and my status is still form submitted. Anyone with an idea on whether these could have made mine rejected could help inform me

Hello LanceGonza,

Contact in China would refer to Contacts presently in China. I'm not sure that applies to you if your parents don not reside in China.

Blood group- you mean on the physical examination form?- well, that shouldn't disqualify you, since the form is supposedly filled by a doctor/health personnel, not you.

Interchanged names-- this is not an issue. You sent a photocopy of your passport photopage right? Even if you didn't, the important thing is that you filled in the right name, regardless of whether you filled last name in place of first name.

Laihua status-- call the embassy.

Most important, CONTACT the embassy, find out what stage of process they are presently on.

It is well..

• New Members

Hello everyone, I'm a CSC applicant and I have read the last pages of 2015 CSC, and this 2016 thread, and well, I'd like to thank specially to ChrisTwoTimes for share their knowledge with us.

I have choosed Tsinghua, Sun Yat Sen University and Shanghai Jiao Tong, and for the last two of them I have already and sent the Pre-admission letter, (SYSU master in Chinese prior 1 chinese year, SJTU Master in English)  I applied through Chinese Embassy and I am just like most of you, kind of anxious for the long wait.

I hope we get good news soon, 

my best wished and I hope to participate and share more with all of you.

Thanks!! 

• Like 1

Hi All,

Been reading on this forum for quite sometimes now I join myself as a member!

I just called university to make it clear about the process. Basically if you get the email that the U accepts you and recommend you as CSG canditdate , it is 99.9% now. The other 0.01% sometimes occur when you dont confirm at the end or CSC found something wrong with your eligibility that Uni overlooks.

Anyone here applies for EMA program at Fudan? Look forward to meet you all!

And even I failed to get any scholarships. I am going anyway!