Chinese-Forums

CSC 2016 Applications

Chris Two Times

@Jpl

I tried the same thing this year, I applied to BLCU via both CI and CSC, but in my case it was the CSC that got my papers first. After I was approved for the Chinese Government Scholarship, my CIS application status immediately changed to "Rejected: already granted Chinese Government Scholarship". So from my experience, if the school notices that you applied for both, they will notify the council to completely cancel the other one.

@ Angels_touch

Enugu is cool and calm too, full of pleasant things for enjoyment. Things are flowing well.

Oyo is a great Nigerian city, sure you must be enjoying yourself too. You applied to Hohai?

I am happy to see that more Nigerians are discovering this gold mine forum.

A forum that clears doubts and destroys the roots of ignorance and obscurity. What program did you apply for?

Through embassy or Chinese HEI?

• Like 1

@ not89

Your story sounds good and I want to rejoice with you by saying CONGRATULATIONS by faith.

From my experience, your admission notice is sure and you will study under CSC scholarship as Tsinghua University's candidate.

Usually when you apply through a University, your chances are about 98% sure when the University has selected you.

You may be rejected by CSC if and only if your documents do not tally or are incomplete. (because I think what they do at CSC if your document comes to them from an approved University in China is to check your documents and then approve). This may not be the case when it comes from an embassy, the process is longer because CSC will also have to find a University that will accept you.

• Like 2

Something I would love to know.. I think I wasn't ready to apply for this scholarship. I never did the notarisation stuff. All I did was photocopy my documents and send them with a recommendation letter from my school.  Did I do something wrong? Thank you

@ LanceGonza

You may not have to condemn yourself outrightly. You must have put in the level of energy available to you at this moment. If it did not work ou this year, you take correction from the errors and prepare better for next year.

Were you applying for a Master degree or PhD? The recommendation requirements are more strict.

Indeed, submitting documents that are not notarised is a major flaw and may be capable of attracting a rejection. The CSC Scholarship is keenly contested and packaging documents and requirements flawlessly is not negotiable.

It is actually wrong to submit plain documents because it is considered less authentic. They don't really know any of us, so the notarisation serves to authenticate the individual and the documents.

I hope this helps you.

• Like 2

@ELIJAH

It seems strange to me that an embassy would recommend an incomplete application to the CSC, right? If they recommend an application, I think the application fulfills the requirements precised in the CSC guidelines... Or am I wrong ?

For my part I couldn't notarize every document, only the transcripts and the diplomas, if I recall correctly. Translations are very expensive here and you can't notarize photocopies of documents in a foreign language in my country. My translations are authentified by the ministry of foreign affairs and even the chinese consulate, which cost me hundred of dollars in total. There was no way I could send originals at that cost, especially when you have to send three copies of every document to apply in my country, so I decided to send the photocopies of the sealed and stamped translations.

Having the photocopies stamped would have required me to take an appointment with the translator and to spend a whole afternoon in a town hall. I was out of time so it wasn't a possibility anymore.

It's also a pity that the CSC guidelines are so vague.

For example, in my embassy's guidelines you have: "Notarized highest diploma (photocopy)"

I first understood it as the photocopy of the notarized originals. But on other embassies websites it is worded as : "(notarized photocopy). I sent an email to my embassy for some clarification, but the only respobse I got was : "yes, yes, just a photocopy". Not clear at all. Moreover, the term "notarized" can mean several things in my country: you can have a photocopy stamped in your town hall or your uni to certify that the document is conform to the original (free), or you can have it authentified by the ministry of foreign affairs ( 10+ dollars by document), and even have the docs authentified by the chinese embassy (20+ dollars per document and takes a week to process) on the condition that every document has been previously authentified

by the ministry. The costs add up very quickly to reach the hundreds of dollars if you want the chinese embassy sticker so it seems unreasonable to have applicants spend a lot of money for a scolarship... But I might be wrong, who knows.

The embassy told me that my application was recommended so I assumed they checked that everything was in order. Fingers crossed.

@Elijah

Yes, I chosed Hohai and the feedback is good... Very good I mean. My status on csc is *checking*.

Just glad to find a Nigerian guy here.... I have been following the thread but never felt the need to post until I saw your contributions..

Are you enrolled to a school already or you are just waiting for admission letter like some of us.

Stay blessed brother

@Angels_touch

It is surely worth the while following the threads. Congratulations again. I am not enrolled in a school yet, however, I have been on the forum for quite sometime now. I have learnt so much of the processes that I could almost work for CSC .........lol

I will be enrolled to run a PhD programme in Environmental Sciences this year in Shanghai. It is good to know that Nigerians are succeeding especially through Chinese University Programmes. I have never met anyone that got it through the Embassy but surely people are getting it.

I have a friend who got in two years ago. He will be rounding off next year. Surely you will enjoy your Sociology there.

@ Lolo

I imagine your feelings and the emotions in your writing. This case is really complicated. You are not wrong at all to depend on the embassy's judgement. If they found anything wrong with your application package, they should have informed you to make amends. In fact, it should be a shameful thing for someone approved by an embassy or a University to be rejected.

I stand to be corrected. I think every embassy or University has a quota to fill. The CSC sends them a set of requirements on which they should base their selection. If their candidate is not approved by CSC, they have part of the fault.

However, let us watch and see how things unfold. CSC may contact the embassy and ask them to contact the candidate to make amends in the document. Peace be still and see.

Yes, the best thing we can do now is to wait and see what works and what doesn't. This forum is actually the best source of information about the csc scolarship, so I think that it we all benefit from sharing our experiences.

June...Forum goes ablaze- University Applicants

July...Forum catches insomnia- Embassy Applicants

Till then...Faith and Patience blended with Decorum.

charis,

Haha! You hit the nail on the head. Much respect brother.

Warm regards,

Chris Two Times

• New Members

Hi everyone,

You are doing a great job with this forum! There's a ton of useful information that really helped me a lot!

Is there anyone who has applied  through CSC for a 1-year scholarship at Fudan in Shanghai and has received an answer from them? 

Many of my colleagues who applied to different Chinese universities have already received confirmation emails from their corresponding office, but Fudan refuses to release any information on the approved candidates.

Any ideas on how come most other universities contact their future students, but Fudan does not disclose any info until the end of July?

I have a different feeling from that of Cantabile, just my opinion any way. I am going with Chris Two Times. It has begun............................ I think I will hear something fine and encouraging within the first two weeks of June or earlier.