Chinese-Forums

2018 CSC Scholarships

Angelina
roddy
Message added by roddy

Dear scholarship applicants,

Please don't forget we have LOTS of useful information on this site, not just the scholarship topics. We can advise on learning Chinese, life in China, visas and if you can't find what you need to know, you can ask a question

Take a look around!

Roddy

Could someone in the know possibly shed light as to what happens if you are admitted for CSC by a few different unis? Do you get to choose where you end up yourself, or does CSC allocate you wherever they deem suitable?

I want to apply to Nanda, and two or three less prestigious unis as an insurance policy, but I dont want to end up somewhere other than Nanda precisely because of my other applications, if the CSC people say, oh, she already got admitted by that other university,  let's give that precious spot in Nanda's quota to someone else...

Does anyone know how it works...?

Hello everyone, pls. I want to apply for SCUT admission through Chinese government scholarship. Requested application materials to be posted to SCUT, Guangzhou include Original copy and notarized photocopy of both highest diploma certificate and transcripts. I seems to be confused. Pls. will I send my original document or just its notarized photocopy ? I will also like to ask the difference between notarized copy and notarized photocopy. Thanks

Please some one should help me , I am applying for PhD in engineering in south china university of technology, through CSC scholarship, they requested for personal statement/study plan/ research proposal. Can I provide the three items in a single document if they meant different things? or i can pick any one of the three and write on it, and dropping other two? Anyone with an acceptable format and number of maximum word limit or pages , as the stated minimum word limit is 500.

Hello! I'm applying from Tajikistan. What should I do if I need a year to learn Chinese? How can I indicate it in my online application? I'm applying for Master's Degree, 3 years, so, should I fill the 'Duration of Major Study' like 2018-2022 instead of 2018-2021 or what? 

• New Members

Any one from Tsinghua University in Department of Arts? I want to apply in Department of Art, 

They require my bachelor's thesis , but I wrote a thesis in Korean. I don't know If I should translate a thesis or not.

They're on break. I am unable to contact to them.

Please, someone help me! 

I had THE FUNNIEST glitch in the CSC application system happen to me today. So I completed the whole form and downloaded it to save and print out later on. As I opened the downloaded file, instead of my own application with relevant cutesy pic, I see the application of some guy from Sudan ? Having regained my senses, I downloaded it again and it was the correct version this time. 

Anyone else had similar adventures? 

Dear friends, is there any university accept CSC to support a 2 years Chinese language program? As I looked up on CSC website, most universities only support master and Ph.D. 

Please help 

@Kambili you are not the first, some people had the same problem. I saw some posts about this on Facebook. 

• Like 1

I have not graduated yet but I am going to but its after the deadline. I'm going to apply with the notarized copies and a letter from my university and a recent university transcript.  

Since at the time of the application i had not graduated I am going to set my Secondary School Documents as highest Diploma and add my university degree as secondary.

Does this sound all right to you?

I have a question for people who need/did the 1 year chinese preparation course and received a pre admission letter from a university for their application. Did you ask the University to include the information about the 1 year preparation course in your letter?