Chinese-Forums

2018 CSC Scholarships

Angelina
roddy
Message added by roddy

Dear scholarship applicants,

Please don't forget we have LOTS of useful information on this site, not just the scholarship topics. We can advise on learning Chinese, life in China, visas and if you can't find what you need to know, you can ask a question

Take a look around!

Roddy

I have another area I need help with. Can anyone give me any advice on what to write on a study plan if I am applying for a bachelor's program? I've never conducted any research relevant to my field nor do I have any job experience. I hardly have any idea what they're looking for in a bacherlor's study plan since it seems like the usual tips for graduate programs doesn't apply.

1 hour ago, AprilWMS said:

I have another area I need help with. Can anyone give me any advice on what to write on a study plan if I am applying for a bachelor's program? I've never conducted any research relevant to my field nor do I have any job experience. I hardly have any idea what they're looking for in a bacherlor's study plan since it seems like the usual tips for graduate programs doesn't apply.

Just think of your study plan as like a personal statement. Talk about things like why do you want to study X at X university, yourself, and how China fits into that. 

I personally don't believe anyone from CSC reads them but it doesn't hurt to make it sound good.

• Thanks 1

The medical form has to be the stupidest thing ever, what does it have to do with a scholarship? Also, they make you do it again once you get into China, and it can't be to stop diseases or anything because otherwise they'd make regular tourists take it........ *sigh*

My plans for next year have just fallen through, so now I'm frantically going onto my backup plan to go to Chinese university this year. But I don't think I've got time to get a medical check done. Do you think if I send through the one I got done in 2015 through and then say "Yea I didn't have time to get one done, but I'll get one fully done before I come over" or maybe......... play around with the dates on the copy?....... Meh I really hate doing stuff like that though.

Also can anyone explain what the below means? I'm applying for a Masters in Chinese History, so I assume its B? I really don't know.

Program Category’ and ‘Agency Number’ are mandatory for the online application in CGS Information System. ‘Program Category’ and ‘Agency Number’ are related, which can be defined as follows:
● Program Category Type A generally refers to scholarship programs responsible by authorities other than Chinese universities. Applicants of Type A programs are requested to fill in the ‘Agency Number’ of above mentioned agencies (e.g. Chinese Embassy in your country). Applications of Type A will be reviewed by these agencies.
● Program Category Type B generally refers to scholarship programs responsible by Chinese universities under CGS-Chinese University Program. Applicants of Type B programs are requested to fill in the ‘Agency Number’ of above mentioned universities. Applications of Type B will be reviewed by these universities.
● Program Category Type C generally refers to certain appraisal scholarship programs. Applicants of Type C programs will be informed by CSC of the ‘Agency Number’ in special notices.
The above classifications are for references only. Before starting the online application, applicants should confirm the correct ‘Program Category’ and ‘Agency Number’ from the responsible agencies. Please visit the following link for viewing introductions of various scholarship programs under CSC.

1 hour ago, RichS said:

The medical form has to be the stupidest thing ever, what does it have to do with a scholarship? Also, they make you do it again once you get into China, and it can't be to stop diseases or anything because otherwise they'd make regular tourists take it........ *sigh*

When I went the last time, If you bring your original Foreigner Physical Form with you and give it to them, then you don't have to retake it. I was one of the very few who didn't have to because I had mine with me. Most people sent in the original copies of the form forcing them to pay extra money to retake it in China. 

50 minutes ago, RichS said:

Also can anyone explain what the below means? I'm applying for a Masters in Chinese History, so I assume its B? I really don't know.

Program Category’ and ‘Agency Number’ are mandatory for the online application in CGS Information System. ‘Program Category’ and ‘Agency Number’ are related, which can be defined as follows:
● Program Category Type A generally refers to scholarship programs responsible by authorities other than Chinese universities. Applicants of Type A programs are requested to fill in the ‘Agency Number’ of above mentioned agencies (e.g. Chinese Embassy in your country). Applications of Type A will be reviewed by these agencies.
● Program Category Type B generally refers to scholarship programs responsible by Chinese universities under CGS-Chinese University Program. Applicants of Type B programs are requested to fill in the ‘Agency Number’ of above mentioned universities. Applications of Type B will be reviewed by these universities.
● Program Category Type C generally refers to certain appraisal scholarship programs. Applicants of Type C programs will be informed by CSC of the ‘Agency Number’ in special notices.

Are you applying directly to the embassy to the school? Like are you sending your application to the embassy or are you applying directly to the school's website? If Embassy, choose A, if school, choose B.

On 2/22/2018 at 7:58 AM, jude zami said:

Maybe i should direct dis to @Angelina or @Nnedi Ugo please i would like to know if the universities we sent hard copies of our application documents to via post would notify us on receipt of these documents. The tracking system here seems to be poor. Thank you

Hmm, good question. I only applied directly to the embassy and honestly, they never called me. I wouldn't vouch for it. I would recommend that you give the post some time and then contact them to make sure your application materials were received and in full. Are you applying directly to the embassy or directly to the Chinese universities?

20 hours ago, Anarhi said:

Hey guys I have a problem with the online platform and I will be very grateful if someone could clarify this for me. When I select Bachelor's degree under *Apply as* there is only Chinese language as an option under Preffered Language

I am pretty sure that means you can only take that program in Chinese meaning you have to take the preliminary 2 year language course before starting your degree. There are English taught programs, but majority of those are for people pursuing a Masters.

18 hours ago, Nnedi Ugo said:

Hmm, good question. I only applied directly to the embassy and honestly, they never called me. I wouldn't vouch for it. I would recommend that you give the post some time and then contact them to make sure your application materials were received and in full. Are you applying directly to the embassy or directly to the Chinese universities?

Thanks for your response @Nnedi Ugo......I am applying directly to the Chinese universities. I already sent a mail concerning that but yet to receive a response but I'll keep my fingers crossed.

6 hours ago, jude zami said:

Thanks for your response @Nnedi Ugo......I am applying directly to the Chinese universities. I already sent a mail concerning that but yet to receive a response but I'll keep my fingers crossed.

It could also be possible that they're just getting back from the Chinese New Year Holiday so I would wait some time and if they don't respond, email them again. Some schools are not good with responding back :(

58 minutes ago, manlia said:

Is anyone having trouble accessing the CSC website?

That website is super buggy. I would try on a different web browser, that's what works for me typically like in Firefox. Or wait an hour or so and try again. 

• Like 1