Chinese-Forums

2018 CSC Scholarships

Angelina
roddy
Message added by roddy

Dear scholarship applicants,

Please don't forget we have LOTS of useful information on this site, not just the scholarship topics. We can advise on learning Chinese, life in China, visas and if you can't find what you need to know, you can ask a question

Take a look around!

Roddy

@Marcela It is under maintenance from 8.30am - 5.30pm Beijing time until the end of March. Details one or two pages back.

@Badger From what I've read, it's best to only ever submit copies of your health form anyway and hold onto the original as you'll need it again at registration in China. If your question is whether you can just submit online docs and no hard copies,you should call the embassy and ask, I think each embassy will handle these things slightly differently.

• Like 1

Does anyone know if the Chinese embassy in America needs an acceptance letter from the University first in order to get the scholarship for Masters? I asked Qinghua University, and they said I need to ask my embassy if this is needed.  The only problem is it is almost impossible for anyone to contact the embassy in America.  I have called them 50 times over many days still no answer.  Another person I know was talking to them but they hung up on them. So I have to turn to the form to hopefully find this important information.

Thanks for this post.......I have series of question to ask and I will be very glad to see reply from you as soon as you can.

I have applied to schools in China, but non of the professors have replied to their mail as I have already mailed like 15 professors to work under them as a research students.....hope this will not hinder my success in the shortlisting?

Also, is it possiblemi apply for like 3 or more schools through CSC? This means that I will have to create different profile for each school. Hope it will not result in disqualification.

I only have my university degree notarized.....I do not have the original transcript, but I have supplied the ones I have......hope it is not a problem.

Hello Everyone, 

Please I have already posted my documents (hard copies) to the university i applied to in China through courier which is quite expensive from my country, including my printed  CSC application form without appending my signature on the last page (attestation page), i followed the university guideline which states print and send Two copies of CSC application form along with other documents but I just checked some other Chinese  universities guidelines now which state that Print, Sign  and send two copies of CSC application form.  My documents have been sent already, is it compulsory to sign the last page, can it affect my application? And what is your suggestion for me in this scenario? 

@eyinlojuoluwa

You can apply without acceptance letter from a professor, some people say the acceptance letter increases your chances but it's not guaranteed. It's all about luck, someone without acceptance letter could be awarded the scholarship over someone with an acceptance letter.

About applying to different universities, you can apply to as many as you can but with different email accounts, one for each.

About your transcript, you need to notarize it too even of its not original.

• Like 1

@Obafemob

Since your university didn't categorically stated about signing the form, then I guess you are good to go. I just hoped u notarized your degree certificate and transcript.

However, if you feel that your conscience isn't clear and you have more naira, then you can repost another application form that is signed with your other documents.

Update on Xiamen University if anyone is interested for CSC.

Since we know that website in under maintainence and we cannot complete the online application for XIAMEN university on their website. the printout of that application which is aso essential to be sent alongwith other csc application documents.

since deadline is 31st March and it is possible that the courier/post might not reach within ten days. they have said still ait till 21st and keep all documents ready. In case there is an extension, they will post it on their website. 

• Helpful 1

I’m in a situation where the only undergraduate program I could study that i’m interested in is Japanese. I would prefer Chinese but that isn’t an option. Obviously the course is taught in Chinese so I would have to take a one year chinese preparation course. Has anyone done this before? Studied mandarin to get upto HSK 4-5 to study a different language in china taught in mandarin? Sounds like it could be a messy situation, but I was planning to learn Japanese after Chinese anyway.

what’s everyones thoughts?

@GeologistMajor

Thanks for your reply bro. Definitely I have done mistakes. I have sent my documents already. Only my bsc certificate was notarized. Meanwhile I always apply with unnotarized version of my certificates because I just notarized it this week....

What should I do. I have applied to like 5 schools now

Is there anyone here applying for Undergraduate program straight out of high school?
I've only heard about people applying for Masters and PhD courses.

Am I going to be able to study in English? Or are there only Chinese taught Undergraduate programs?

Thanks. :)

@Lexel Why you do not try to apply Japanese Scholarship to study Japanese? Information that I got last year and this year too, CSC does not cover for Foreign Languages except Chinese. My bachelor degree program is English Language and Literature. Last year I wanted to apply Master program in the same program with my bachelor and they said like that so that I changed my master became Master of Teaching Chinese to Speaker of Other Languages, but I got fail because CSC does not cover for Teaching program too. You should change your undergraduate degree program. Or may be you can try to apply others scholarship such as Provincial Scholarship, Presidential Scholarship, or University Scholarship to study Japanese. Perhaps it may work for your problem. Good Luck.

@Anarhi For undergraduate applicants, they can apply for taught in Chinese only and just via embassy. Alternatively undergraduate applicants can still apply for taught in English but not CGS Program. You can apply Provincial Scholarship, Presidential Scholarship, or University Scholarship because they are different regulation than CGS Program. You can apply them via university not via embassy. To get that information, see on the each university website or email directly. Remember that the scholarship is not full scholarship like CGS Program. Good Luck.

7 hours ago, Lee Cinaga said:

Why you do not try to apply Japanese Scholarship to study Japanese? Information that I got last year and this year too, CSC does not cover for Foreign Languages except Chinese. My bachelor degree program is English Language and Literature. Last year I wanted to apply Master program in the same program with my bachelor and they said like that so that I changed my master became Master of Teaching Chinese to Speaker of Other Languages, but I got fail because CSC does not cover for Teaching program too. You should change your undergraduate degree program. Or may be you can try to apply others scholarship such as Provincial Scholarship, Presidential Scholarship, or University Scholarship to study Japanese. Perhaps it may work for your problem. Good Luck.

I’m applying through the shanghai government scholarship because i’m unable to apply for the CSC scholarship

8 hours ago, Lee Cinaga said:

Anarhi For undergraduate applicants, they can apply for taught in Chinese only and just via embassy. Alternatively undergraduate applicants can still apply for taught in English but not CGS Program. You can apply Provincial Scholarship, Presidential Scholarship, or University Scholarship because they are different regulation than CGS Program. You can apply them via university not via embassy. To get that information, see on the each university website or email directly. Remember that the scholarship is not full scholarship like CGS Program. Good Luck.

Hey, thank you for replying but I have few more questions now. Because my Chinese is non-existent will they teach me Chinese first? After that will I study among the Chinese students or among the other International students?

Someone told me that to prevent disqualification in the CSC schloarship I should not apply elsewhere besides one institution. Could this be true cos some FAQs I have read encourage/allow multiple applications by registering differently on the CSC portal. Also in the stated benefits of the CSC scholarship for postgraduates, it includes Full tuition, accomodation, registration and living expenses; what about research expenses? Has that been captured/included under tuition? or the student will source for that privately? Awaitg your response pleaseeeeeeeeeee!

@Obafemob

As someone studying Master's degree, the cover of your research expenses will depend on your university, but most universities have funds, I perform laboratory experiments and everything was covered, my laboratory has its own providers and I just ask the material and also for publications.

@Anarhi Information that I get from CGS Scholarship winner, he applies taught in English, but the university still gives Chinese course for 1 semester for doing daily conversation with local communities. The Chinese course (1 semester) is covered by the university because information that I read from csc website and university websites, csc doesn't give Chinese preparation if apply taught in English. So, it can depend on the university wants to give Chinese course or not even apply taught in English. For other scholarships, I don't know. If you want to apply taught in English, you can study among Chinese students and International Students, depend on the situation the winner said.