Chinese-Forums

2018 CSC Scholarships

Angelina
roddy
Message added by roddy

Dear scholarship applicants,

Please don't forget we have LOTS of useful information on this site, not just the scholarship topics. We can advise on learning Chinese, life in China, visas and if you can't find what you need to know, you can ask a question

Take a look around!

Roddy

We just had a student contacted from his supervising professor to announce unofficially he was accepted for CSC and to start preparing. 

Still no official letter from the school or CSC 

Just wanted to say best of luck to all applicants it can be a stressful time!

• Like 1

Hello, 

I've been lurking for a while on the forums and finally decided to make an account. 

I thought of mailing my preferred universities as well, just to see if there were any updates, and this is what Peking replied with. 

I have no idea of what exactly they meant though. Anyone would know?

IMG_20180507_140406.thumb.jpg.70246b4d675c95a14151381d4ea5af26.jpg

1 hour ago, Claritas said:

Hello, 

I've been lurking for a while on the forums and finally decided to make an account. 

I thought of mailing my preferred universities as well, just to see if there were any updates, and this is what Peking replied with. 

I have no idea of what exactly they meant though. Anyone would know?

IMG_20180507_140406.thumb.jpg.70246b4d675c95a14151381d4ea5af26.jpg

Hi, even I mailed Peking some days back and received a pretty vague response today. And the weird part is, their reply is quite different to what I had actually asked them about.

IMG_20180507_160701.JPG

1 hour ago, joonie said:

Hi, even I mailed Peking some days back and received a pretty vague response today. And the weird part is, their reply is quite different to what I had actually asked them about.

IMG_20180507_160701.JPG

Lol that's the exact same reply I got when I mailed them about pre-admission details. The funny thing is I had mailed them well before the deadline, but they bothered to reply only after the deadline passed. smh

What did you ask them about?

And personally, I think they confused me for a direct applicant, I'm applying through embassy, so I sent a follow-up clarifying things, didn't get a reply though.

5 hours ago, Claritas said:
6 hours ago, joonie said:

IMG_20180507_160701.JPG

Lol that's the exact same reply I got when I mailed them about pre-admission details. The funny thing is I had mailed them well before the deadline, but they bothered to reply only after the deadline passed. smh

What did you ask them about?

And personally, I think they confused me for a direct applicant, I'm applying through embassy, so I sent a follow-up clarifying things, didn't get a reply though.

Honestly, I felt the same ugh like they confused me for a direct applicant even though I clearly mentioned that I have been nominated by the Embassy under the Bilateral Program.

And, I mailed them about the status of my application documents, have they received it or not but well clearly can't say anything from their response. 

Also, what level are you applying for? I am applying for undergraduate. 

42 minutes ago, joonie said:

Honestly, I felt the same ugh like they confused me for a direct applicant even though I clearly mentioned that I have been nominated by the Embassy under the Bilateral Program.

And, I mailed them about the status of my application documents, have they received it or not but well clearly can't say anything from their response. 

Also, what level are you applying for? I am applying for undergraduate. 

I'm an undergraduate as well! If all goes well, we'll probably be together for the language program I guess xD

I was debating whether trying to google translate my mails into Chinese cause they really don't understand what we're trying to tell them, sigh. But I want to avoid the scenario of making no sense at all in the translation ^^" 

image.thumb.png.e1eb629b2037eb0f92eaca6b60387760.png

And this is the reply I got now once I explained the situation. I thought pre-admission was optional? 

They're even saying that CSC is not going to send them anything at all. What does that even mean? Now I'm really confused.

3 hours ago, Claritas said:

They're even saying that CSC is not going to send them anything at all. What does that even mean? Now I'm really confused.

we’ll last week when I sent them an email about applying through CSC under Bilateral program for Masters this is the reply I got. Now I wonder, whether they emailed me after checking my status or they just sent a general reply 

6A2306E1-9298-47F0-AD19-FD5D1AA956F9.jpeg

321B3D00-4102-4E2F-9A16-62F6828521CC.jpeg

1 minute ago, Hasan said:

imageproxy.php?img=&key=e74cb0a3ecc063bbimageproxy.php?img=&key=e74cb0a3ecc063bbwe’ll last week when I sent them an email about applying through CSC under Bilateral program for Masters this is the reply I got. Now I wonder, whether they emailed me after checking my status or they just sent a general reply 

I thought of mailing them cause I saw the response you got, and thought just maybe they'd be a bit responsive, because the first time I did they didn't reply for over 3 weeks. It seems they are not bothering to understand our situation or try to help us at all :/ 

I'm debating whether to call them or not, because I really want to get into Peking, but according to their reply, it seems impossible now.

• Helpful 1

3 hours ago, Hasan said:

imageproxy.php?img=&key=e74cb0a3ecc063bbimageproxy.php?img=&key=e74cb0a3ecc063bbwe’ll last week when I sent them an email about applying through CSC under Bilateral program for Masters this is the reply I got. Now I wonder, whether they emailed me after checking my status or they just sent a general reply 

I thought of mailing them cause I saw the response you got, and thought just maybe they'd be a bit responsive, because the first time I did they didn't reply for over 3 weeks. It seems they are not bothering to understand our situation or try to help us at all :/ 

I'm debating whether to call them or not, because I really want to get into Peking, but according to their reply, it seems impossible now.

This is really so weird. Even I sent a mail after reading @Hasan response. And as far I can recall, pre-admission letters were optional. It is both on csc's site and that's exactly what the Embassy in my country had informed us. I have lost my capacity to comprehend now.

• New Members

I want to ask that I was offered csc scholarship last year but due to the family issues I was unable to join i have applied this year as well and shortlisted by the university can anybody tell me what are my chances 

From my understanding , Category A only needs to apply Online and to the embassy with the listed documents. Pre-admission not needed. They must have thought you are a direct applicant and not an embassy applicant.

My embassy told me that i would hear from CSC mid-june. I'll wait until they give an official response. 

• New Members
On 2018-05-04 at 11:02 AM, Kath_CR said:

@jack214 did you applied using the laihua website, Type A form for Embassy / Consulate? Or did you requested the scholarship directly with Tsinghua? 

@Kath_CR  I applied through the local consulate. Applied end of February, received the letter mid-end of April. 

On 5/9/2018 at 12:42 AM, yanlei said:

From my understanding , Category A only needs to apply Online and to the embassy with the listed documents. Pre-admission not needed. They must have thought you are a direct applicant and not an embassy applicant.

Also, @Hasan and @joonie, yup I think that's the thing cause once I clarified (for the third time), this is what they sent :

Guess the CSC hasn't sent anything yet? Even though the status changed. Maybe "in progress" means the CSC reviewed it or sth. 

IMG_20180510_080607.jpg

Here in Pakistan, we are not issued any letters by the embassy or cunslate. But we are issues on by the ‘dispatching authorities’ and I attached mine with the documents. 

08FC56C2-7FF9-4434-B3D3-B57E248A2F1B.jpeg

E1D1E555-C42C-4177-8037-904BE51ADE39.jpeg