Chinese-Forums

2018 CSC Scholarships

Angelina
roddy
Message added by roddy

Dear scholarship applicants,

Please don't forget we have LOTS of useful information on this site, not just the scholarship topics. We can advise on learning Chinese, life in China, visas and if you can't find what you need to know, you can ask a question

Take a look around!

Roddy

53 minutes ago, Rosena said:

What happens if u withdraw and edit your form after the due date will they still consider it???

It will still be considered and processed.... As long as the withdraw option is still available.... I withdrew my application several times too. But once the status changes to "in progress" then the withdraw option on ur portal will automatically be deactivated!

So, after seeing my status change from ‘Submitted’ to ‘In Progress’ I tried to email the three universities that were in my preferences. My preferences were: 

1. China Foreign Affairs University 

2. Peking University 

3. East China Normal University 

today, got a response from the East China Normal University that they did not received my application through CSC system. 

I was wondering if that would mean that I will hopefully be accepted in one of the other two preferences or it is also a possibility that CSC allocates me a completely different university. (I know there maybe chances of rejection but I’m not thinking about it at this stage). 

According to my logic CSC sends the applications first to the three preferred universities before sending to any other university. Right ?

330C433B-BBF1-46E9-9C2E-FB7DB1A761AF.png

• Like 1

Hey there!

I have  couple of  questions for the process for the csc. I have applied for the bilateral programme in turkey. After collecting some documents and interviews, results has been announced by the ministry of education of turkey. I have been nominated for the csc/master programme. After the results i talked with the authorized person in ministry he said my documents has been sent to the embassy and i need the wait for the final approval and it will be announced in late of july. My question is can i do anything for the expedite the process? Talking to school, sending mail to csc and etc... I really appreciated if you guys help me. I really dont know what should i do in this point?

P.s: I applied to universities in nanjing and my status is "submitted"

• Like 1

Hi guys, I'll like to ask if someone knows, I applied with the HSK 4, Can I take the preparatory course for improving my Chinese before starting my degree? Thanks.

I'm applying this year for a bachelor degree.

On 23/4/2018 at 2:54 AM, Madam said:

Hi guys, is there anyone who applied to Shanghai University? What’s your statuses? Mine has been stuck for ever on “ application passed department of Shanghai University “ does this mean I have been rejected, no more moving forward? I check it almost daily lol. Those people don’t even respond to emails.

Hi, this is my status at SU. 

image.thumb.png.4cf39f140f5fed8758f4d5983ae16e98.png

You can try this email.

apply1@oa.shu.edu.cn

@ADEBOYE my application is type a. Do I still have to get pre-admission letter? Because some of people who get cgs in turkey says: all the communication with the universities will be handled via embassy in turkey. Thanks for the reply btw

• Like 1

my application is type a. Do I still have to get pre-admission letter? Because some of people who get cgs in turkey says: all the communication with the universities will be handled via embassy in turkey. Thanks for the reply btw

Yes the Pre-Admission letter is usually used by category A scholarship applicants

• Like 1

On 5/1/2018 at 6:39 PM, Cantabile said:

I believe "In Progress" means that they embassy/consulate you applied to has received your application and forwarded it to the CCS. I received an email form the Chinese Consulate that said as much around the same time that my status changed to "In Progress" as well. 

I wouldn't pay too much attention to it though. Like last time, I expect that the status will not change after  a certain point even when you get the admittance email. For some people it stays "In Progress" throughout the entire process, just depends if someone bothers to update it or not.

@Cantabile Do you mean that the status stayed "in progress" and those people did not get the scholarship?

20 hours ago, SalihSafa said:

my application is type a. Do I still have to get pre-admission letter? Because some of people who get cgs in turkey says: all the communication with the universities will be handled via embassy in turkey.

Type A application is the one which is handled through the receipient country’s Chinese Embassy. Although people recommend to get a Pre Admission letter, so that you may have better and solid chances of securing a spot in your desired program and university. But according to CGS/CSC requirements it is not compulsory to get it. For instance, here in Pakistan, the dispatching authority gave us 7 days to complete the requirements, so we did not have enough time to get a Pre Admission letter. Also, if you don’t really have fixed preference for university and want to save the process Iong and courier fees, you may skip the Pre Admission letter thing. 

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, ADEBOYE said:

Do you mean that the status stayed "in progress" and those people did not get the scholarship?

I think the meaning was that those people got scholarships anyhow but their status was not updated. Also, it is very rare that Type A applicants’ application for scholarship is rejected. Or maybe it is rare in Pakistan unless there are flaws in documents or an applicant is not qualified enough. Because we have around 110-120 seats for CSC Bilateral scholarships. 

On 5/2/2018 at 2:13 PM, Hasan said:

According to my logic CSC sends the applications first to the three preferred universities before sending to any other university. Right ?

So, after getting disappointed from the reply I got from East China Normal University (3rd preference) that they haven’t received my documents from the CSC system. Finally, my 2nd preference university (Peking University) replied today on email that they will inform as soon as possible  after checking/reviewing my materials for qualification. 

Although I still wonder what happened to the first preference University (China Foreign Affairs University). Whether the CSC didn’t sent them my documents, whether they already rejected my documents for admission and now CSC has sent them to the second preference. Or whether CSC only sent my documents to Peking University. 

2739AAE2-AB82-4A10-B689-0733D647C5FF.jpeg

9B965E32-3087-4677-BD00-E2E6062789EC.jpeg

I have read on previous years posts that the laihua website status will not change from "In Progress..." to accepted, that instead you will receive an email from the university that accepts you (this for the government scholarships) is this correct?

Does anybody received already an acceptance letter?

From last year posts it seemed like people started receiving letters around May 20th... I just can't wait :P

Although I still wonder what happened to the first preference University (China Foreign Affairs University)

You won't hear from them till the end, I am at this university right now and they are pretty disorganized (as most Chinese universities are).