Chinese-Forums

2018 CSC Scholarships

Angelina
roddy
Message added by roddy

Dear scholarship applicants,

Please don't forget we have LOTS of useful information on this site, not just the scholarship topics. We can advise on learning Chinese, life in China, visas and if you can't find what you need to know, you can ask a question

Take a look around!

Roddy

Hello guys, 

I was a beneficiary of Chinese Government Scholarship in my Master studies and now am applying for PhD under the same scholarship (Type B)

Has anyone benefited from CGS twice?

Thank you. 

@Sandrock

I know, they did give them in the previous years, but they apparently decided not to give them this year. Maybe they might have attached them with our application materials once we gave them to the embassy. I'm not worried because we got selected for the scholarships after an interview, and they only let 10 people apply for the scholarship (and we have 10 seats as well). The ministry (we don't communicate directly with the embassy) gave us a letter similar to that of @Hasan's, but they said not to attach that in our application materials.  They also told us not to worry cause no student was rejected in previous years (obviously cause we're not sending more than the quota).

I'm just worried about which university we might get if we get selected, I guess.

Edited by Claritas
Tagged the wrong person lol

@Claritas

That sounds great. Then it's just waiting for CSC approval. Mostly CSC will approve the applicants who done interview with Embassy as well as University. You will probably get seat on First preference university mostly, only few chances for second and third preference university. So keep calm and patience until  mid-june, will get good news , best of luck again.?

• Thanks 1

On 5/10/2018 at 8:23 PM, Sombrero said:

Has anyone benefited from CGS twice?

Yes.

2011 (BLCU) and 2013 (Zhejiang). 

Good luck!

@Claritas It's only May. You might get response probably starting from Mid-June to Early August. Mid-June can be considered as early response. Usually most people will get news around July.

P.S : I'm on CGS right now, applying through the embassy route last year. The 'in-progress' status from the embassy is a good step forward ! And you most probably will get the scholarship ! :clap

• Thanks 1

@Kath_CR That's true. Normally, the status only gets until 'in-progress'. And then if you're accepted, they might give you a call or sent you an email. 
As far as I know, you only ask for the acceptance letter from the professor before sending your application to the embassy or completing your application on the university site. Good for you if your status change to 'in-progress'.

I have applied CSC scholarship type B for China Agricultural University (CAU). Currently, the online application platform displayed my application status "wait for preliminary admission" But before that around 3 weeks, my application status was "preliminary admission". I have sent e-mail to ask them in the application platform, international office and college staff to clarify my application status for a few days ago, but they have not yet answer. Do you guys have any ideas about this situation? or Do you guys have some updates about this university.? Thank in advance!    

@Tuppy Your situation is the same as mine last week. Last tuesday my status on jiangsu university portal was 'Waiting for academic review'. On friday last week the ISO called me and asked me to send my documents. Yesterday, my status changed to final result unreleased. So, just wait. They might be in the middle of processing all those documents.

• New Members

@Jabri I'm still waiting for the reply. I sent letter to Wuhan uni and they replied that they still review my application internally ("you will be informed to send the hard copies if you pass the initial review around the middle of May")

I dont think that they send my docs to CSC cause I didnt send them paper copies only applied to their online system.

Hello House, 

I applied to South China University of Tech. but have not heard from them to confirm if they got my hard copy application I mailed to them,  but I am sure DHL delivered my parcel as i have the proof of delivery. My status on the school portal has not changed from what it is since i submitted ''In Process'' also my status on CSC portal has been ''Submitted'' and has not changed. I just hope I am safe. Please can some one give me any clue?

Hello House, 

I applied to South China University of Tech. but have not heard from them to confirm if they got my hard copy application I mailed to them before their deadline of March 31st,  but I am sure DHL delivered my parcel as i have the proof of delivery. My status on the school portal has not changed from what it is since i submitted ''In Process'' also my status on CSC portal has been ''Submitted'' and has not changed. I just hope I am safe. Please can some one give me any clue?

@Obafemob , very few schools will get back to you informing of the reception of the hard copy documents. An example is Dalian University of Technology. You are definitely safe, just relax and wait for them to process your documents then they'll get back to you.