Chinese-Forums

2018 CSC Scholarships

Angelina
roddy
Message added by roddy

Dear scholarship applicants,

Please don't forget we have LOTS of useful information on this site, not just the scholarship topics. We can advise on learning Chinese, life in China, visas and if you can't find what you need to know, you can ask a question

Take a look around!

Roddy

8 hours ago, Thyago said:

About the tuition fee: The government covers it regardless the cost? For example,  in some universities the costs are around 90.000 and others 32.000

I think there's a limit to the amount the scholarship covers. 

8 hours ago, Thyago said:

To be fair, i would love to have classes in chinese and i read somewhere that this scholarship also covers  1 to 2 years of a mandarim course before you go to chosen university. This course is provided regardless the university that you chose? It doesn't make sense to me some universities requiring certain level of chinese when the schorlaship will cover your mandarim learning process

These one year Chinese classes are mostly via embassy route. If you apply via uni route, you're most likely going to study Chinese alongside your major. The HSK requirement is to ensure you're at the level of Chinese required for academic purposes(implying you won't undertake a year of Chinese, though you could enroll in further Chinese classes or be enrolled in more Chinese classes according to your level). 

• New Members

Hello all of you,

I have a message in my university application that having not passed the initial revew study plan scholarship, so inam not accepted in the university or there is other solution ?

Hello all,

I applied Shanghai Government Scholarships (SGS) for Shanghai Jiaotong University; and I am waiting for the result. Today I got an email from university, it stated that they were planning to nominate me as an excellent CSC Scholarship (Sino-US Program) winner for the 2018 graduate program of Shanghai Jiao Tong University. However, I am confused because I didn't apply CSC and only applied SGS. The university let me send my CSC application form and serial number to them before 17:00 June 4th.

I check on CSC website, they require physical examination form. However, it's not required when I applied SGS so I didn't prepare it. It's definitely impossible for me to submit the physical examination form before June 4th. It's weekend in China now, therefore it's also hard to contact the school. I am not sure if anyone has similar situation. Is is possible to submit CSC without physical examination form?

• New Members

Dear Chinese Forums Members, Hope you're doing well ! Thank you for this helpful topic.

I would like to ask you about PHD Program. I applied to Xiamen University for PHD Program with CSC University Program and Xiamen University Scholarship and lately my application was rejected even I provided all the necessary certificates and all my diplomas are with honors. other than this, two professors accepted to supervise me during my study there and they accepted my application. what to do in this situation the admission office is rejecting my application and two professors ( research directors ) are accepting it. thanks in advance for your help

@squailee, Physical examination form is a compulsory document for CGS application. How would they know of your health status then? If you don't submit you will render your application inferior compared to others and chances would be almost zero. It is actually possible to get it in two days. 

Actually you cant submit the application without it because the system will prompt you to attach since it is a mandatory document

• New Members

@squailee @Sombrero it’s not technically true. The physical examination is not compulsory, only if your stay is longer than 6 months as you will have a different type of visa. There are two types of student visa X1 and X2. One of them you need to exit before the 6 months deadline and you DO NOT need a physical exam, however more than 6 months it is mandatory sadly. Also, you cannot get your tests in 2 days... yes most test are fast and easy, but they require a copy of your blood test INCLUDING your testing for any HIV virus (since it’s a virus it takes time to see if it reacts, my doctor told me it’s usually 10-14 days you can get the results). Finally, if you are indeed applying for only one semester, just open word and write “do not need a physical exam as I am not staying longer than 6 months”. This is what my embassy back home confirmed we needed to do, because if not the forms wouldn’t submit. 

Myself, I changed ideas and had to do a physical exam, from a 5 months stay to a 10 months stay. Having done it in a rush with a deadline it is extremely stressful to get it in time. Try to get those tests as quick as posible. Hope it was helpful. Good luck! All the best, Teo

• New Members

@squailee @Sombrero I also want to point out that if you are doing only for one semester and have not done a physical exam. It will not ruin your chances to get the scholarship in any way, because they do not look for that criteria when they are doing that selection. Me and my boyfriend have been nominated for the scholarship and we did what I told you (by writing that letter). My situation is particular because I THEN once selected decided to change the length of my stay and it made me do my physical exam.

@HanTaxue You got rejected, sorry to say but your application has to pass both ISO and professors review. Try next year
@squailee Depend on your situation, I don't know in your country but in my country it's possible do it within 2 days. Maybe you could try the 'underground' style as an alternative for your physical examination form. I know one of my friend did that for his masters application and successfully got the scholarship. 

Have followed this topic for long time and I finally decided to sign up and join this conversation. I applied through the chinese mission office in Eu (Brussels). Just today I saw my first choice uni (SCUT) already posted the candidates.. I am not in that list ?.. now trying to contact other two universities to have some news. Moreover, my status on on CSC portal still says "submitted" ?. Anyone applying through Brussels office who got a status changement?