Chinese-Forums

2018 CSC Scholarships

Angelina
roddy
Message added by roddy

Dear scholarship applicants,

Please don't forget we have LOTS of useful information on this site, not just the scholarship topics. We can advise on learning Chinese, life in China, visas and if you can't find what you need to know, you can ask a question

Take a look around!

Roddy

@Kinoko Yes they could have been more friendly oh well xD I guess all I can do is wait!

@Sombrero okay, that’s reassuring! I hope everything goes well for everyone!

i heard that when it’s “in progress” and it comes from an embassy there's like 99% chances.. fingers crossed :)

@Jabri thank you! Hopefully everyone will be lucky ?? 

• New Members

Hi. My agency applied for me for the CSC scholarship 2018. However, they didn't tell me anything about the medical form. They are saying that I can take the medical after they announce the result. Is this true? Will my application be rejected?

Hey there again ?

I just realized that I didnt fill passaport informations in csc system. Do you guys think that will efect my selection through csc? 

P.s I applied type a scholarship and my status is in progress in csc system

On ‎05‎/‎26‎/‎2018 at 12:12 AM, CatarinaRogado said:

okay, that’s reassuring! I hope everything goes well for everyone!

i heard that when it’s “in progress” and it comes from an embassy there's like 99% chances.. fingers crossed :)

Status on CSC portal means nothing. That said "In Progress" might be better than "Submitted" but in the past people with both kinds of statuses(stati??) have received the scholarship. Best thing to do is wait, embassy results normally take up to late July although you could hear back from the unis as early as mid June. 

Good luck!

• Like 1
  • Helpful 1

Hello, My name is desika, I am from Indonesia.. I am applying China Government Scholarship 2018 "university program" in Tianjin University. Last week I found my application on CSC website already "in progress". Is it mean I pass TJU review and right now My application is reviewing by CSC? but why Tianjin didn't send me any notification if I pass or not? 

Is it no problem? now, I just waiting for final result? 

Thank you, please reply me anyone know for my condition

Desika

@desika, It simply means that the University has completed their reviews and submitted their candidates to the CSC. Most schools will not notify you until they get feedback from CSC. For now, just wait or better still you can email them to find out if your name is among those forwarded to CSC

• Like 1

• New Members

Ok guys i'm new this kind of stuff so i have tons... tons of doubts (even though reading this forum and watching videos from youtube)

I'm not applying for this year because of the deadlines , but i really want to try for the next year and i'm already planning  and getting whatever i can ready.

I'm planning to take a master's in Finance or international trade. Which universities do you guys recommend?  I really wanted to stay in Shenzhen or somewhere in south China , but to be honest, any place will be welcome to me. 
I'm not from an english speaker country, plus  i dont have TOEFL or other certificate. I checked the CSC form here (http://www.campuschina.org/content/details3_74779.html) and it doesn't say nothing about TOEFL or something. Then  i read the form from some universities  and they say that i have to have a TOEFL certificate ( same for HSK for chinese taught courses).

Does this kind of stuff depends on the university that i'm applying?

To be fair, i would love to have classes in chinese and i read somewhere that this scholarship also covers  1 to 2 years of a mandarim course before you go to chosen university. This course is provided regardless the university that you chose? It doesn't make sense to me some universities requiring certain level of chinese when the schorlaship will cover your mandarim learning process.

About the tuition fee: The government covers it regardless the cost? For example,  in some universities the costs are around 90.000 and others 32.000.

The stipend you receive its the same for whatever university you apply? Or this is up to each university ?

I'm sorry if some of the answers are already here, i just wanna make sure  that i got everything .

@Thyago

If you plan to do a English medium program, and if you were taught in English when studying for your bachelors, you don't need TOEFL or other certificates. You just need an letter from your university stating that you were taught in English.

If you plan to do a Chinese medium program, then you'll need to learn Chinese for atleast one year. I am not sure why some universities require certain level of Chinese, maybe someone else can answer that.

Stipends are same for for all universities under CSC.

• Like 1

Hello,

I apply through the embassy in my country. I know I have been refused by Tsinghua my first choice because I applied on their website in March.

A few days ago, Beijing Normal University (My second choice) contact me and they said they received my application's documents and I need to register into their admission website and send to them my HSK. I did it and today my status on their website change into "Have entered school". So I suppose I am admitted.

Plus I can see that on the admission website: (See attachment)

Does it mean I definitely won the scholarship? Embassy accepted me, and a university too. Do CSC need to approve or they already did cause they send my application to a university?

Thanks 

Capture d’écran 2018-05-31 à 17.21.19.png

Hello Guys!

BLCU sent me an email and told me my contact in China was not the right one and now my aplication got to stage 1.

Please can anyone confirm if the right one is this one. Is the email: zhaosh2@blcu.edu.cn?

Thank you! :)

187397BA-82CD-4978-A9F0-CFAA8BF1351A.jpeg

1 hour ago, Kemian said:

Does it mean I definitely won the scholarship? Embassy accepted me, and a university too. Do CSC need to approve or they already did cause they send my application to a university?

Most likely. Very low chances of being rejected at this point. Congrats and good luck with your future.

• Helpful 1