Chinese-Forums

2018 CSC Scholarships

Angelina
roddy
Message added by roddy

Dear scholarship applicants,

Please don't forget we have LOTS of useful information on this site, not just the scholarship topics. We can advise on learning Chinese, life in China, visas and if you can't find what you need to know, you can ask a question

Take a look around!

Roddy

@Manuu hello! I also applied to EU window and after all the trouble and money of getting sure my papers arrived before april the 1st the status remains “submitted” until this day..

then I applied to another program through the embassy and a few days later the status changed to “in progress” (Embassy scholarship).

I’m starting to think that Brussels didn’t even opened my application package..

good luck with the other universities!  

@CatarinaRogado Hello there Catarina. I flight back home from China ten days before the deadline, and in ten days I struggled to get all the documents ready. Not to mention the many pressure I gave to the post office to understand if the package could have arrived on time ?.

I am starting to think they really didn't bother to check most of the applications, which would make me really disappointed if true..

Wish you good luck too. In my opinion, "in progress" is already better than "submitted" ?

@Manuu

I also applied to SCUT through the embassy. The list that SCUT released is only for students who applied directly to the university (Type B), not the embassy (Type A).

My name is not on the list but I received an email from SCUT just about three days ago stating that they have received my documents from CSC and that they would like to offer me a place in the masters program I applied for.

My status on the CSC portal is "In Progress".

@desika

Stay positive...SCUT will release a second round nomination then finally csc will decide....The official results should be released late July....

Don't assume your scholarship result based on the csc portal status, I have heard students receiving the scholarship before with "submitted" status...

@Manuu

Type A normally consists of your country's Chinese  embassy, ministry of education or other educational organisation... 

@desika I didn't apply for SCUT so I don't know. I might be wrong on the status by the way. So far, WHUT and JSU has chosen me as their university CSC candidates. This morning, I got an email from WHUT.

P.S : Both my status has changed to 'in-progress' on CSC site

IMG_20180604_140148.jpg