Chinese-Forums

2018 CSC Scholarships

Angelina
roddy
Message added by roddy

Dear scholarship applicants,

Please don't forget we have LOTS of useful information on this site, not just the scholarship topics. We can advise on learning Chinese, life in China, visas and if you can't find what you need to know, you can ask a question

Take a look around!

Roddy

• New Members

Hey, has anybody ( in the U.K.) that applied through the British council for this received any notice from BC? 

my status still lists as 'in progress' but i haven't heard anything as of yet. 

Hi! Did anybody received an email like this one?? I didn't applied to this university, I did to Tongji and Tsinghua through CSC, not to Chongqing. I was thinking that it could be some sort of email sent to all CSC applicants. 

Also this email talks about Summer Classes while I am applying for a Masters Degree. So far I haven't received anything else from any university.

Email:

关于开展2018年暑期“重庆影像”创作实践班的通知
为了丰富大学生的暑期生活,增进在渝求学的留学生对重庆风土人情的了
解,重庆大学国际学院与重庆大学新闻学院将联合举行2018年暑期中外在校大
学生“重庆影像”创作实践班。现将有关细节通知如下。
1、 实践主题
用镜头记录国际视野下重庆的山山水水、乡土人情以及建设成就。
2、 实践内容
重庆大学国际学院的留学生与重庆大学新闻学院的中国学生混合编组,分
小组完成校内理论学习与校外采风创作,最终新闻学院将在学院网站上集中展
示所有作品,并择优推荐给相关媒体。
(1) 校内理论学习
校内理论学习包含4门摄影相关课程,共计12学时。课程安排如下:
课程名称 授课教师 学

影视语言与结构 范倍 4
影视策划及文案写作 杨尚鸿 4
影视摄像与剪辑实务 孙良斌 2
业界精英的经验谈 徐华(重庆电视台天天360节目) 2
(2) 校外采风创作
理论课程结束后,学生走出校门,自选角度,进行影像作品创作。作品形
式包括纪录片、电视专题、微电影、微视频等,视频作品时长不少于5分钟,最
长不超过15分钟。
(3) 研讨教学
研讨教学共计4学时。秋季开学时,各小组提交完成的作品。所有作品将在
课堂上进行研讨、点评。指导教师提出修改意见,供各组完善作品。
3、 报名要求
此次活动共招募15名留学生,国际学院全体在校本科生及硕士研究生均可
报名,专业硕士及有相关作品的学生优先录取。报名截至日期:2018年6月10日
,报名材料发送至邮箱iso@cqu.edu.cn,报名咨询电话:65102964。
录取时间:2018年6月15日。校内理论学习时间:2018年7月15日-17日。
4、 学分和费用
(1) 课程学分
被录取学生参与理论学习并在规定时间内完成作品,达到合格标准,可获
得2学分,学分认证办法由学时所在学院确定。
(2) 费用
主办方将为每位保质保量完成创作任务的学生补助500元人民币,主要用于
学生外出采风发生的交通费、住宿费等基本开支。同时,为确保学生在外拍摄
节目的安全,校外实习期间(1周内)由学院统一代为购买短期人身意外保险,
费用从学生实习补助扣除。
如有任何疑问,请联系我们。联系电话:65102964(蔡老师)

重庆大学国际学院
2018年6月4日
Notice on 2018 “Chongqing Image” Summer Vacation Practice Class
To enrich the summer vacation life of college students and increase the understanding
of international students on the local customs of Chongqing, School of Journalism and
Communication and School of International Education will co-organize the 2018
“Chongqing Image” summer vacation practice class for college students. The details
are as follows.

1. Theme
Using camera to record Chongqing’s landscape, customs and construction
achievements from an international perspective.
2. Content
International students from School of International Education and Chinese students
from School of Journalism and Communication will be divided into mixed groups,
and the group work together to complete theoretical study and off-campus art
creation. All works will be displayed on the website of School of Journalism and
Communication and excellent works will be recommended to relevant media.
a) theoretical study
There will be four courses on photography and the total credit hours are 12. Please
refer to the following for more details:

Course name Teacher Credit
Video Language and Structure Fan Bei 4
Video Planning and Writing Yang Shanghong 4
Photography and Editing
Practice

Sun Liangbin 2

Elite’s Experience Sharing Xu Hua

(Chongqing TV) 2

b) off-campus art creation
Students will go out of the campus and use camera to record Chongqing. The forms
of the work include documentary, TV special, micro film, micro video and so on.
Duration of the work should not be less than 5 minutes and no more than 15
minutes.
c) seminar
At the beginning of next semester, all groups shall submit their works, and all
works will be reviewed and commented in the seminar. The instructor will give his
advice for students on how to improve their works.
3. Registration Requirements
All international students (degree students) at Chongqing University are greatly
encouraged to sign up, but only 15 can finally attend the practice class. The students
who have related works are preferred.
The deadline for the registration is June 10 th . Please send relevant materials to the e-
mail address for registration at iso@cqu.edu.cn.
The admission time is June 15 th and the time for the theoretical study is from July 15 th
to July 17 th .
4. Credits and Expense
a) Credits
The students who participate in theoretical study, finish the work in time and meet
basic standard can get 2 credits. The credit certification method is determined by
the students’ host school.
b) Expense
The organizer will provide a 500-RMB subsidy for each student for the basic
expenses such as transportation expenses and accommodation expenses during the
off-campus art creation. Insurance expenses during the off-campus art creation

关于开展2018年暑期“重庆影像”创作实践班的通知.docx

shamaziav2@yahoo.com

Anyone else applying from the US? Just got an email from the embassy asking for the address to send me the application forms for the student visa and other materials. I'm guessing it's a good sign, or at least means I haven't been rejected up to this point!

@Sombrero @Teodora @Jabri Thank you and sorry for the late response. I contacted the university, they told me that physical examination record was not the determining factor to get scholarship. I just uploaded a letter to explain my situation, even though I got my physical examination record today, I could not upload it since the status on CSC website was changed to in progress. I may have to provide my physical examination record in future and they will contact me if this situation happens; however, in general, universities make decision about if students qualify for scholarship, if there is no huge problem observed from CSC, then the chance to get scholarship is very high.

@shamaziav2@yahoo.com I applied School of Chemistry and Chemistry Engineering. My status is the same as yours. If your CSC application is changed to in progress now, it may mean that SJTU has forwarded your scholarship application to CSC.

Hi, I apply in sun yat-sen university, is it possible if I apply for CSC from both embassy and the university?

and when the usually the info from embassy, i heard embassy one will reply earlier than the university.

thanks