Chinese-Forums

2018 CSC Scholarships

Angelina
roddy
Message added by roddy

Dear scholarship applicants,

Please don't forget we have LOTS of useful information on this site, not just the scholarship topics. We can advise on learning Chinese, life in China, visas and if you can't find what you need to know, you can ask a question

Take a look around!

Roddy

@ZM Yes both university changed status to 'in-progress' after each email
@Pranita You could say so although I can't say for sure. Because this year my embassy application is rejected and it changed to returned. By this month your status should already changed to 'in-progress'. And if it's still submitted most probably you didn't pass the review. Wait for other university response or apply again next year

• New Members

@Jabri Actually I had directly applied to the Tsinghua and was accepted for graduate degree. But, they recommended to apply for CSC through embassy in their website, so applied for the scholarship through the embassy. But, I am starting to get worried because everyone is saying their application status has changed and mine hasn't. 

@Pranita Sorry to say but I have to remind you, getting a pre-admission letter confirms admission but not scholarship. If they ask you to apply through the embassy, you should do as they say. If the embassy deadline has passed, it means you have to re-apply again next year. Plan everything in the time schedule(includes getting the pre-admission letter). University usually gives pre-admission letter to a lot of candidates and asked them to apply through the embassy. Only few will be selected for the scholarship and so far as I know the university's csc candidate are the ones that didn't get pre-admission letter.

Hi Guys,

I applied directly trough the university and they have chosen me to be one of their candidates for "silk road" scholarship under CGS. My current status is "in progress". I know that the CGS guy has the final say on who gets the scholarship. But can anyone with similar experience tell me how it goes for each of you? is it true that this is a good sign? have I just passed the first stage?

They also ask me to pay 3000 RMB as a deposit, is it normal?

thank you in advance

@JabriI read your statement "this month CSC portal status should be changed to in progress if its not it means our application is rejected or not pass CSC reviewing. is it absolutely right? by the way, if our application is already in progress but we didn't get any email from university, is it means we get scholarship or probably its not? 

shamaziav2@yahoo.com

@Foxygrandpa I'm in the same boat with the 3000 RMB deposit. I got any email from the school I'm looking at saying if we get the scholarship, the deposit isn't needed, but I spoke with someone who said they suggest paying the deposit and being repaid if I get the scholarship. 

The deposit is due June 10th so now I'm wondering if I can't pay it in time, will I lose my chance? 3000 RMB is quite a lot to pay. 

@Kinoko Thank you, I hope all the best for you.

@shamaziav2@yahoo.com Well in my case, they have stated clearly that if I failed to pay the deposit until the deadline, I will be automatically be disqualified. Here is the exact sentence "Applicants will be considered to voluntarily give up this opportunity without the deposit at the given time" or in mandarin "未按规定时间缴纳保证金者将视为自动放弃预录取资格".  I wish for the best for all of us.