Chinese-Forums

2018 CSC Scholarships

Angelina
roddy
Message added by roddy

Dear scholarship applicants,

Please don't forget we have LOTS of useful information on this site, not just the scholarship topics. We can advise on learning Chinese, life in China, visas and if you can't find what you need to know, you can ask a question

Take a look around!

Roddy

Hello. Can you tell me if I  have got reject from all three university from my wishlist, does that mean  the last university from my wishlist will send  documents back to CSC, and CSC will send my documents to the university  based by their opinion? Will i get scholarship(bilateral) or not?

• Like 1

@SalihSafa i have never heard about csc selects uni for us. Normally if u r potential, uni can offer u uni’s scholarship in case u missed csc.

But it is weird, if he has 3 uni in wishlist, it means he applied thru embassy, and if the embassy approved and sent his application to CSC, it is rare that he isnt selected.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, DanielVillegas said:

Any News from Tongji University?

I just received the email from Tongji University under University CSC program that I have been admitted. I checked my online status on Tongji University and it says "Accepted". I am happy and sad at the same time because my friend couldn't get into Tongji. I might wait for other university results and decide if we both can get into the same university or not.  

14 hours ago, SalihSafa said:

Are u sure about that?

Yes, If you have applied through university program and if they rejected chances are nil. If you have applied through the Bilateral program and if FORETUNETLY your last rejected university sends back your documents to CSC and if CSC sends these documents to a NEW host university and if they accept you. Then its luck by chance. But, This doesn't happen in many cases because they don't have such amount of time unless you are a really good candidate. 

Off topic: 

1) I have applied to a couple of different universities through a university program. Since I have been admitted by Tongji I assume now getting a reply of acceptance is almost zero from those other universities if I am not wrong? Since CSC doesn't give the scholarship to the same candidate in two universities. 

2) Does CSC give choice to a candidate if two university accepts the candidate? I assume they don't.    

3) What surprised me most is: Tongji didn't accept me under SGS but CSC. I did not even pay 400 RMB application fees for CSC application (only paid for SGS application fees) since they were asking for 1-year gap after graduation under CSC. So, I was somehow unsure about CSC under Tongji and left it untouched. 

So, people who are unsure whether they need the gap or not, I would say go for it. It depends upon the University and they can certainly bypass certain criteria for you. Also, I had no latest HSK level score since I wrote old HSK intermediate exam in 2009. I submitted my old HSK certificate and somehow they seem to have accepted it. 

Also, My CSC status is still "submitted" they seem to have only changed their university website status only. At this point, I am not 100% sure that I will get the scholarship or not but whatever happens hope for the best. Good luck to everyone. 

• Like 4

5 hours ago, KojoYesu said:

if I may ask you, did you apply through the Embassy which is the Bilateral procedure?

And also did you apply with a pre-admission letter?

Yes, I applied thru the embassy. But in Turkey I think procedure slightly different than the other countries. I got nominated by Moe and they sent my documents to Turkish embassy in China not the Chinese embassy in my hometown. 

Nope, I dont have pre-admission letter.