Chinese-Forums

2018 CSC Scholarships

Angelina
roddy
Message added by roddy

Dear scholarship applicants,

Please don't forget we have LOTS of useful information on this site, not just the scholarship topics. We can advise on learning Chinese, life in China, visas and if you can't find what you need to know, you can ask a question

Take a look around!

Roddy

@MSG9 I am in the same position. BNU added in a scholarship duration, but I haven't received any paperwork. They've been very responsive when I've had questions, but haven't confirmed that I've gotten the scholarship. I submitted all of my materials in April. My status on the CSC website still says "In Progress." Keep me posted and I'll do the same :)

• Helpful 2

@afd13 I've heard they will release early this month, so I guess we just need to wait? I'm surprised how efficient BNU is to be honest. From all the universities I've spoken to through email (Xiamen, Jilin, Zhejiang), they were probably the only one who (1) responds within 24 hours (sometimes even less) and (2) actually understands some of my concerns and was very helpful in the process. What program did you apply for? Let's just hope for the best! :lol:

@Katoo Hello! I found out on my portal on June 5. I noticed the status change from "In Review" to "Admitted." I applied for the Masters of Education in Comparative Education under the Type B Scholarship! Has the status section in your BNU portal changed?

• Helpful 1

@MSG9 I agree! They've been super professional. I applied for the Masters in Comparative Education. I was also admitted to the Masters in Public Policy at Fudan University. However, Fudan normally takes a much longer time to respond. My materials were submitted at the end of February. I didn't hear from them until the middle of June.  I really hope to hear something during the next two weeks. Wishing you good luck!!

• Thanks 1

Urgent! Need info guys...
Yesterday I got an info that I admitted in Confucius Institute Scholarship for one year and last month I was informed that I passed the selection of master degree (CSC) program in another Univ and now still waiting for the final decision from CSC until late July. My question, what if I receive the Admission Notice and Visa Application for Study in China from Hanban first? What about my CSC scholarship? Will the CSC deny my scholarship application? Or they will also send me Admission Notice and Visa Application? If you know, please help me to answer this question. Thanks in advance.

Hello!! 

I have a doubt. Can I apply to more than one CGS? In my case I applied to EU Program and Bilateral Program, and I had to create two accounts with different  emails.. now I’m afraid I will get denied in both ? (both are in progress.. the bilateral one changed around may? And the EU recently)

All this because I had also applied for a CI Scholarship and everything was going well until I reached the last application stage and got denied.. some people say it happened because CGS cuts CI Scholarship.. what do you guys think?

Can more than one CGS cut our changes of getting anything?

sorry for the testament

just got a email form ECNU. 

Dear Student,

Thanks for applying to East China Normal University!
Now your application has been forwarded to CSC. It's under the final review now.\

Here we'd like to confirm with you:

1. If you're granted with Chinese Government Scholarship, will you attend our university?
If yes, we're going to send you the admission package which includes the visa application form once we receive the confirmation from CSC.
Please send me your current mailing address as the following format to make sure you receive the package.

Address: 
Post Code:
Tel:

2. If you don't pass the final review by CSC and fail to get the scholarship, are you willing to study in our university as self-funded?

If you have any questions, please feel free contact me!

Looking forward to your reply!

Regards,