Chinese-Forums

2018 CSC Scholarships

Angelina
roddy
Message added by roddy

Dear scholarship applicants,

Please don't forget we have LOTS of useful information on this site, not just the scholarship topics. We can advise on learning Chinese, life in China, visas and if you can't find what you need to know, you can ask a question

Take a look around!

Roddy

12 minutes ago, Katoo said:
12 minutes ago, Katoo said:

@joonie which universities have you applied to? Maybe our choices don’t usually release the nomination list ?

I applied to Peking as well. Fudan, Peking and Tsinghua for undergrad. My priority is to get into Fudan tho. What about you?

@joonie Peking, Beijing Normal and Beijing Foreign Studies for general scholar of chinese language. I don’t really mind the university since I’m going as an exchange student kind of thing. I just wanted to stay in beijing but well as long as I get to go to study in China I’m happy ?? 

Best of Luck! And hope you get into Fudan ?

• Like 1

@Eyin 

Congratulations on your award.

Since the University will cover your fees and accommodation, then the RMB 1700 monthly allowance should be enough for you to feed. Inshort RMB 1000 is enough for you to feed for 1 month .

• New Members

Hey, I wanted to ask if anyone has heard of anything from the Chinese Mission to the EU regarding the CSC scolarship? Some of you guys seem to already know whether they were approved for the scolarship or not so i'm wondering. Thanks!

@Eyinlojuoluwa

I think the 1700 should be okay for you in 1month. 

About racism, I don't Chinese are racist though I haven't been to China before but from the online videos that that o have seen, they seem nice.

About my application; I was nominated by China University of Geosciences Wuhan for Chinese Government Scholarship. Still awaiting the final approval of CSC.

@@Eyinlojuoluwa

After nomination, you wait for final list which contains names that were approved by csc to be awarded the Chinese Government Scholarship. The University will now courier your admission letter and jw201 form which you will use to apply for visa.

After you are sure you have been awarded, you can go ahead to book your flight ticket which could range from NGN200k and above.

You should proceed to the Chinese embassy for visa application, it cost is around NGN15k in Nigeria. It will take you like 1 week atmost 2 weeks to process your visa. You will need you your certificates, physical health report and police report for the visa application.

PS: right now, I am waiting for final list.

@tomovhell

Thanks so much.....I have been checking their site here in Nigeria and I've not found anything. The good news is that we can now process our visa online

@GeologistMajor

This is a comprehensive info bro. Thanks. But hope you now know that we can process our visa online.

Moreover, I this is presidential scholarship and not CSC. I think they want me to show interest on the scholarship which I have done. So I am waiting for application package from them.

In a nutshell, do you mean the next step is to collect the package and go to apply for visa?

@Eyinlojuoluwa congratulations Bro.I am happy for you. Just be glad your scholarship is good and almost the same as CSC, you will be good with the 1700 yuan monthly allowance, I also got something similar to yours at SCUT but accomodation is not included and monthly allowance is 1400 yuan, anyway I have made enquiry and made to understand that I will be good with it since tuition and registration is free. I am doing PhD. I will like to have your email. Thanks

@chrisfrance I’m still waiting too! The status changed quite recently to “in progress” but I have not been contacted by any university. I don’t know how it is possible for anyone to know because supposedly the list of all winners will be out at the same time.. right?  

• New Members

@Katoo That's what I understood too! Some people got contacted apparently so I was surprised, but we'll see then when the list is out! where can you find the status exactly? on the page where the documents were submitted online?