Chinese-Forums

2018 CSC Scholarships

Angelina
roddy
Message added by roddy

Dear scholarship applicants,

Please don't forget we have LOTS of useful information on this site, not just the scholarship topics. We can advise on learning Chinese, life in China, visas and if you can't find what you need to know, you can ask a question

Take a look around!

Roddy

On 7/6/2018 at 9:13 AM, Kemar said:

@ToussaintWilliams respect blood! 

You're pursuing Msc or Phd now?

No, I’m applying as a general scholar to study Mandarin. So, non-degree. I’m applying from the states, but I was born in Spanish Town and lived in Bog Walk for the first 7 years of my life before I moved.

If you have been admitted to any University in China through any form of scholarship, be it CSC,LOCAL GOVERNMENT SCHOLARSHIP, PRESIDENTIAL SCHOLARSHIP E.T.C, Let us have a group WhatsApp to meet and share ideas about application processes and visa application. The truth is, some people need many information and how to go about other things.

Click on the link below to join WhatsApp group. I am Adekunle from Nigeria

https://chat.whatsapp.com/HWDO7B48HjH8icykB8nkFs

@Kemar As far as I know, if you received pre-admission letter, you should apply to the embassy or to the provincial or local government scholarship. As for the university scholarship, it didn't matter. May I know what is ur status on the university portal?

Hi all,

I called tsinghua financial aid office today concerning  updates on the CGS . According to the correspondent ,  results have not been released . And the timeline is totally up to the CSC. Well she did say that based on last year's experience , results might be released late July or mid August . 

The wait goes on and on 

• Thanks 1
  • Helpful 1

On 7/8/2018 at 1:57 PM, Jabri said:

I'm

On 7/8/2018 at 1:57 PM, Jabri said:

@Kemar Hi kemar, I also applied to WHUT. Have you received any email from them before and what is your status on their university portal ? 

P.S : I didn't get any pre-admission letter but I got an email from them a month ago saying I'm accepted as the initial candidates for the CSC-CUP postgraduate program. And my status has changed to in-progress on csc site and ‘admitted' in the university portal. Since then no updates from them ?

Hi Jabri, same here. I also apppied to the WHUT. What happened to you was (and is) exactly the same as what happened to me. In campus portal, my application status is admitted and I received a notification in my email mentioning that I was initially accepted as the CSC CUP in the early June. Could I please have your whatsapp number or email to keep in contact with you to keep me updated regarding everything related to this CSC announcement? Thankyou in advance. Have a great day.

@Jabri

So, I applied to the CSC and my schools were Fudan BISU and Shandong. Of course, I got my award notice from the Embassy as told to make contact with these schools and upload the preadmission letters to the portal. Not one of these schools issued me a preadmission notice. However, I applied to WHUT and they sent me my preadmission notice but also advised to apply to CSC. When I went back to upload this preadmission notice to CSC portal, my status changed already from *submitted* to *in progress*

Add my what's app also @RuralWallabies 8764560383

hello All,

Am new on this platform but have read through almost all the previous posts. I applied to two universities WHUT and Dalian University of technology. I received a precondition admission letter from Whut and an email from Dalian University stating that my documents have been reviewed and sent to CSC so l should not worry about it somewhere in April but my status at both Campus portal and CSC has remained in process and submitted respectively. on the other hand, my application on CSC website through the embassy has changed to in progress but did not hear from the embassy yet. But since someone posted that the status does not matter, am still waiting for the CSC results to be released. wishing you all the best as we wait patiently for the release of the results.

I received the message below from Dalian University this morning in my mail. I guess there is hope then. 

The final result will come out in the end of July, pls wait it patiently.

-----原始邮件-----
发件人:"Raymond Akuh" <akuhraymond@gmail.com>
发送时间:2018-07-08 07:43:48 (星期日)
收件人: "国际教育学院" <dutsice@dlut.edu.cn>
抄送: 
主题: Re: Dalian University of Technology

Hi guys, I'm new here. I am pretty worried because I applied for 3 universities (veterinary medicine) like 3 months ago via online application. It still says "Application status: in progress" Shouldn't there already be results online?

p.s. I applied through this new embassy programme in my country...

• Good question! 1

@luka.laura All applications directed to CSC will be released this month (can't say which day though) or early August (worst case). Don't worry much about the status of application on the site because they barely update it, but being "in progress" is a good sign. Just wait for an official e-mail regarding admission or contact your university if you are worried ☺️

• Helpful 1