Chinese-Forums

2018 CSC Scholarships

Angelina
roddy
Message added by roddy

Dear scholarship applicants,

Please don't forget we have LOTS of useful information on this site, not just the scholarship topics. We can advise on learning Chinese, life in China, visas and if you can't find what you need to know, you can ask a question

Take a look around!

Roddy

@Abmens That's also exactly what has happened to me and @afd13. They added the scholarship duration, as I noticed, by the end of June. I asked them for clarification, and they only told me to wait for official announcements. But it's quite confusing that they would already add a scholarship duration if we haven't been approved by CSC? 

• New Members

Hello! everyone.

Can I ask some problem?

If I pass both embassy recommendation type and university recommendation type at the same time, but each university is not same,
Can I choose which one I want?

15 minutes ago, Eyinlojuoluwa said:

Please if you want to apply for visa to study while you've been granted scholarship that will cater for everything including g stipends.......do you need statement of account

Nope, you don't need bank statement while applying for X1 visa under the scholarship. You need to submit all relevant documents including CSC scholarship letter at the embassy of China in your home country. 

• Like 1

@Ampicillin if you are applying with another scholarship (from the University for example) do you need statements of account etc? It would still be an X1 - have a fee waiver and a decent scholarship offer - but still counts as self funding due to it not being CSC

9 hours ago, tomovhell said:

if you are applying with another scholarship (from the University for example) do you need statements of account etc? It would still be an X1 - have a fee waiver and a decent scholarship offer

Nope, you don't need the statement. scholarship is scholarship as long as you submit the proof that you are scholarship student and you're not financing your own study in China. 

off note: I have never submitted bank statement while applying X1 visa even during my bachelor's study in 2006 when I was self finance student. I don't know if rules are changed now or not. And, whether there's exception for some countries or not but, if you are in any doubt you can always call embassy of China in your home country. They are always very helpful when applying for student visa. 

9 hours ago, Eyinlojuoluwa said:

Thanks so much

Welcome.

• Helpful 2

10 hours ago, Foxygrandpa said:

OMG I can't stand the wait, does anyone know when will they release the final list? 

At this point, all we can really do is be patient. Results are usually released in July (anywhere from early to mid to the last days). Some results get released early August. Nobody really knows. But I do hope we get good news soon! ?

• Like 2
  • Helpful 1

您好我的朋友

大家好

I am in a bit of anxiety much like every one here waiting on their packages to study in 中国。 

I had applied to Fudan, BISU, and Shandong on my CSC Application Portal. Then I applied to Wuhan University of Technology independently and they responded to me via Email advising of my Pre-admission and telling me to apply for CSC. Problem is, My CSC changed status from Submitted to In progress rather quickly so I was unable to upload that PreAd Notice to the CSC Portal. 

I wonder what will be my fate? 

001.jpg

• Like 1

• New Members
This is Nagendra babu swami from India. i had nominated Chinese government scholarship through embassy. on 1st June i have got mail from shanghai jiao tong university that i had selected csc scholarship winner in shanghai jiao tong university but i didn;t get admission on that university.In CSC form my second preference is Chang'an university and third preference is Donghua university. now my question is any one of the university will accept my application. if they accept my admission, i will get scholarship from CSC or not.

Thanks & Regards,
Nagendra babu Swami

Hello everyone. 

I've been provisionally admitted to a university and the list of all the provisionally admitted students have been sent to CSC for the ratification. Does anyone here have any idea as to how many provisionally admitted students, on an average, are selected by the CSC? 

Please reply, if you know anything. 

Thank you.  

Dear @Khurram Javed 

From what I've gathered, via communications with previous scholarship winners, the International Students Office and people on this forum - those admitted/recommended by the University stand a very high chance of admission by the CSC,
Though the exact numbers probably down to each university's capacity and the selection down to the strength of the individual applications.

That said - there doesn't appear to be a broad rule - whilst it's highly unlikely (if not impossible) to win a scholarship when you aren't recommended, being recommended is no guarantee and it appears almost random in terms of selection, with previous posters saying that strong applications have failed and weak ones have succeeded.

Sorry I don't have a better answer - but you are much more likely to get it now you're on the list.

• Thanks 1

@Kemar Hi kemar, I also applied to WHUT. Have you received any email from them before and what is your status on their university portal ? 

P.S : I didn't get any pre-admission letter but I got an email from them a month ago saying I'm accepted as the initial candidates for the CSC-CUP postgraduate program. And my status has changed to in-progress on csc site and ‘admitted' in the university portal. Since then no updates from them ?

• Like 1