Chinese-Forums

2018 CSC Scholarships

Angelina
roddy
Message added by roddy

Dear scholarship applicants,

Please don't forget we have LOTS of useful information on this site, not just the scholarship topics. We can advise on learning Chinese, life in China, visas and if you can't find what you need to know, you can ask a question

Take a look around!

Roddy

shamaziav2@yahoo.com

@Ampicillin you said you're in Tianjin. If you don't mind me asking, are you on a tourist visa? If so how will you change from your current visa to a student visa?

I currently have a tourist visa and would like to enter china a little earlier than the 2-3 days before registration like the university suggests.

8 hours ago, shamaziav2@yahoo.com said:

you said you're in Tianjin. If you don't mind me asking, are you on a tourist visa? If so how will you change from your current visa to a student visa?

I currently have a tourist visa and would like to enter china a little earlier than the 2-3 days before registration like the university suggests

AFAIK you cannot convert your tourist visa into X visa for scholarship program. When I got official CSC letter couple of years ago it mentioned that I make sure have X visa or F visa when I enter China and then get resident permit within 30 days. 

I have X2 (resident permit). I'm an existing student here doing masters program. 

@desika @Khurram Javed Honestly, I'm not really quite sure. Which university did you guys apply to? Universities usually put you on admitted once you pass the academic screening. If your scholarship is still pending, best to contact your university and ask them what it means. They usually send out official e-mails also so it's best to ask them directly for clarification.

• Like 1

• New Members

Hi there beautiful people!

I've been following this forum for quite a long time but just decided to create an account.

A few weeks ago, I received this email from the Admissions Office of Tsinghua University. Has anyone else received it?  Although I applied (through embassy route) to Tsinghua, among others, does somebody know what are they trying to tell me there?  is it a good sign?

Anyways, good luck to everybody.

After all, the wait is almost done.

清华大学申请通知.png

• New Members

Hello everyone,
I applied to SCUT and was nominated by university. They said the final results should be released at beginning of July, but it is still not. Should I contact them or just patiently wait? I'm going crazy, checking my email 100 times a day...

@desika

I hope you get good news from other universities. 

My university portal is "in progress". This is mainly because the university offered me a alternative major to that of which I applied on the university website.

I will register on a different major once I arrive at the university.