Chinese-Forums

2019 CSC Scholarships

lethargica
Lu
Message added by Lu

Dear scholarship applicants,

Please don't forget we have LOTS of useful information on this site, not just the scholarship topics. We can advise on learning Chinese, life in China, visas and if you can't find what you need to know, you can ask a question

Take a look around!

Lu

On 3/29/2019 at 7:32 PM, GabrielaVD said:

Chinese Embassy and said the C.E. will announce results within 2 months (the first month is over now so I guess it will be this April). Im getting a bit anxious now, but I guess we are all the same at this point.

I am nervous too.  I attended CGS interviews at our embassy on Thursday.  The tricky part is, they interviewed around 100 yet there are 30 slots open. You can imagine! 

1 hour ago, BM said:

Hey everyone... been following this forum for tips and advises, i do have a scheduled interview on Wednesday at the Embassy... Can anyone share tips on what i am likely to be asked or any other documents to present?

Pls are you in Ghana

@GabrielaVDHi, I'm also from Mexico and I applied for a Chinese Government Scholarship too. I just read the post where you say your application was approved and sent to the Chinese Embassy. I am a little bit confused since the Foreign Affairs Ministry's process says they have to pre-select candidates and those selected have to hand over notarized copies of the Diplomma and the academic transcripts, translated by an authorized translator. My question is: were you pre-selected? Thank you and good luck with your application :)

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, lecerzu said:

were you pre-selected? 

hi, finally another Mexican ?

So, we sent our application to SRE, and if your docs are on file they will give you a number (folio). Once you get that number you are able to present your application at the Chinese Embassy. What I said in my previous comment was that SRE already gave me a number (actually, Im sure I was the last person to get the number since long story short, I handed in me application the very last day just before it closed. I got number 89 so Im 99% sure we are only 89 people). All the translated docs you mention we have to hand in once the Chinese Embassy accepts our application. The SRE sent me and email with my number, probably because I was in contact with them due to some issues with my docs, I dont know if they sent the number to everyone, thought.

So, tl:dr, I havent gotten accepted or rejected yet because as far as I know the Chinese Embassy hasn't sent out the list of the selected people, I dont know if you know of another information. If it's of any use, a girl from the SRE told me the results (from the Chinese E.) would be within two months, so I guess it has to be in April, but I'd think at the end of the month XD

btw, what and where did you apply for? ? I applied for Masters at UIBE. 

I got the scholarship 2 years ago for language, might be a bit late but if you have any doubt about it, we can help each other out ? 

Goodluck to you, too!

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, GabrielaVD said:

btw, what and where did you apply for?

I applied for Chinese language scholarship this year. Three years ago I applied fot Masters and was preselected even though I was rejected in the end.... Hope to be luckier this year.

The number they gave is indeed the "folio" of applicants for the sholarship. I got the number 65 when I handed my documents at SRE and a friend of mine who also applied got number 75.

I asked SRE if they know when will they notify the pre-selected candidates, and they just replied me there was no pre-selction process this year, since they sent all applications to the Chinese Embassy. So, let's pray we get it haha

@Hani.J I made a mistake in my earlier post. It was my phone that translated the Chinese version of "in progress" to "accepted" . As at the time I'm pasting this, my CGS application status is still "in progress".

@GabrielaVD my application type is Type B (i.e via the university). Yours is type A, you should have a better chances of getting CGS because you applied via the embassy, provided you're shortlisted by the Chinese embassy in your country. 

@yaycatI logged into my CGS portal to see my status changed. I wasn't notified via email when the status changed. 

21 minutes ago, Neduboo said:

It was my phone that translated the Chinese version of "in progress" to "accepted" . As at the time I'm pasting this, my CGS application status is still "in progress".

it usually happens with the translation XD, "in progress" means that already your university took your documents and are checking them. I think that is good signal ?. Mine is still submitted ?.

2 hours ago, Eyoel said:

So does it mean everyone pass the university review and is csc going to select randomly?

I would like also to know. I applied also type B, by University track and what  I have read is that universities usually do two filters; a preliminary selection and a final one, after the final selection, the names of selected candidates are forwarded to CSC for approbation, and after this, they are notified, although I think that they have a number of limited seats for CSC, and I imagine that they choose in basis of this quote, I am not sure but I think (or would like) that after being final selected by a university, you have a 90% of getting the scholarship, the 1 % of probability of being not selected would be the random XD. However, this is my humble knowledge, and it would be great if someone knows more about, to reply or if I am wrong to correct me. :)

• Helpful 1