Chinese-Forums

Confucius Institute Scholarship 2019

Matheus Salgado
Lu
Message added by Lu

Dear scholarship applicants,

Please don't forget we have LOTS of useful information on this site, not just the scholarship topics. We can advise on learning Chinese, life in China, visas and if you can't find what you need to know, you can ask a question

Take a look around!

Lu

Mmmmm no idea, but in my country we have a chat group with all the ones who got the chance to apply, yesterday one member told that she got rejected from her first university giving some reason that wasnt adequate (Something that it wasnt in the requirements)... She didnt got the X at step 4, and was given the chance to roll back and chose another university.

Probably making everything early is better for us to have a better chance to get pre admitted in the university we want to go (Step 4), i guess step 5 will be the same for everyone. But its only what i think, might be the oposite haha.

Hi dear members of the forum.

Do you know what happens if you win CSC and confucius scholarship at the same time?

Can you choose one?

I have applied for CSC, and I am wondering if I should apply for CIS, as I am gonna need one year of Chinese language for sure

Any past experience?

Thanks

EmperorTomatoKetchup

my confucius institute sent me a document about the application procedure a while ago, at the end is a list of "Categories and Enrollment Slots of Cooperative Confucius Institute Scholarship between Hanban and Host Institutions in 2019". In this list are 11 universities that offer one-year courses. I'm a bit confused now, because when googling it looks like there are many more universitites that offer the one-year course via confucius institute scholarship. Does anyone have a complete list of universities?

7 hours ago, EmperorTomatoKetchup said:

my confucius institute sent me a document about the application procedure a while ago, at the end is a list of "Categories and Enrollment Slots of Cooperative Confucius Institute Scholarship between Hanban and Host Institutions in 2019". In this list are 11 universities that offer one-year courses. I'm a bit confused now, because when googling it looks like there are many more universitites that offer the one-year course via confucius institute scholarship. Does anyone have a complete list of universities?

They sent us a list with 18 universities, i dont know if its the same category as the one they sent you since mine is in Spanish. But when they gave the introduction talk about the scholarships they told us this small list of universities was for a new type of 1 year scholarship, were beside of the Language Program we will all have in the morning from monday to friday, they will give some specific courses in the afternoon (Some universities will give finance, other chinese cousin, etc...). I know it wasnt the whole list of Language Program because that list didnt had Jilin University, that is the one that has a direct partnership with our local Confucius Institute.

Saying this, each university has their own requirements, for example Zhejiang university accept only having HSK4, when the official requirements says its HSK3.

Its the best for each one of us to contact the universities where we want to go, and ask them if we are Ok to apply with them, if we meet their criteria (If we cant find them in their webpage).

16 hours ago, xbyren said:

Hi dear members of the forum.

Do you know what happens if you win CSC and confucius scholarship at the same time?

Can you choose one?

I have applied for CSC, and I am wondering if I should apply for CIS, as I am gonna need one year of Chinese language for sure

Any past experience?

Thanks

I have been told its the best to drop 1 if you want to continue studying in the future, if you take both of them you are taking the chance to other student and might make them piss of in the future. Plus CSC goes through the embassy, if you drop it and get the CIS, then you will need to go eventually the embassy for the visa and they might have you listed as you dropped the other one (Not sure, just saying).

I applied for both and in this forum and also my CI director told me to drop one of them, so in the period of selection of CSC i told them to drop me off the list so other student can get the scholarship, that i will continue with CIS. (I dont know what scholarship has more chance, but since i want to continue studying after 1 year, i dont want to be in fault with anyone).

In my opinion if you are already with CSC you should continue with that one, but its just my opinion.

2 minutes ago, Tuxon said:

but its just my opinion.

I understand and kinda agree with it. That is why I decided to ask before submit my application.

Do you think it happens the same with CSC Type A + EU Window? I am from an European country, and since we had up to 2 type A applications, I applied for both. But now I am considering withdrawing the EU one, as I am not already sure of how "legal" is that. 

My embassy application is already "in progress" while the EU one is still submitted. What's your opinion on it, if you dont mind?

1 minute ago, xbyren said:

I understand and kinda agree with it. That is why I decided to ask before submit my application.

Do you think it happens the same with CSC Type A + EU Window? I am from an European country, and since we had up to 2 type A applications, I applied for both. But now I am considering withdrawing the EU one, as I am not already sure of how "legal" is that. 

My embassy application is already "in progress" while the EU one is still submitted. What's your opinion on it, if you dont mind?

Not sure what Type A is, and what EU Window is.

In my country they offer 2 CSC Scholarships, one that is fully backed by the embassy and other one that is a partnership of the embassy with local ministery of education (Both countries help to the student). In the first one they usually send the majority for 1 year language program scholarship, and in the second one, its more for masters and phd even you can also apply for 1 year language program so if we want to aim for 1 year language scholarship we chose the one its fully backed by the embassy.

Those things might be local of each country/region so i dont know how can i help there since i dont know about them.

Just now, Tuxon said:

i dont know how can i help there since i dont know about them.

Thanks anyway! Its just that you can apply for the CSC through your native embassy (type A) and through the Mission of P. R. China to the EU (also type A)

As I am from an European country, I decided to apply for both

On ‎5‎/‎6‎/‎2019 at 4:32 PM, EmperorTomatoKetchup said:

I keep hearing that it's better to apply early.

Definitely. If it gets to the worse case scenario where you get turned down by all three choices, at least there is time to apply to others.

On ‎5‎/‎7‎/‎2019 at 9:28 PM, xbyren said:

Apply for CIS if you want to study Chinese for one year. CIS does not cover courses like masters courses, that's what CSC does.

On ‎5‎/‎7‎/‎2019 at 9:28 PM, xbyren said:

Then you need to decide on which one is more beneficial as you cannot accept both scholarships. The CIS application process is slightly different from CSC as the application is forwarded to each university in your order of preference. If choice one turns you down, then it goes to choice two until a university accepts you. So if choice one wants you, then it is almost certain you will get in there after approval from Hanban. Unlike CSC Type A where CSC decides the university you get into for you.

59 minutes ago, 芒果乾 said:

Then you need to decide on which one is more beneficial as you cannot accept both scholarships

Thank you for the answer. My exact meaning was if that would hurt, I mean, lets suppose I win CSC and CIS scholarships, I take CIS this year, but I plan to reapply for CSC next year. 

Would it be possible? My embassy has told me that both scholarships are compatible, but idk how it would affect my next year's application

And also, it would be ME the one who decides which scholarship to take (in case of winning both) or CSC instead? Thats another one of my doubts

Thank you all

6 hours ago, xbyren said:

Thank you for the answer. My exact meaning was if that would hurt, I mean, lets suppose I win CSC and CIS scholarships, I take CIS this year, but I plan to reapply for CSC next year. 

Would it be possible? My embassy has told me that both scholarships are compatible, but idk how it would affect my next year's application

And also, it would be ME the one who decides which scholarship to take (in case of winning both) or CSC instead? Thats another one of my doubts

Thank you all

i dunno about csc, but you cant get a cis 1 year study scholarship once you have ever had a student visa in your passport, cmiiw

20 hours ago, xbyren said:

My exact meaning was if that would hurt, I mean, lets suppose I win CSC and CIS scholarships, I take CIS this year, but I plan to reapply for CSC next year. 

And also, it would be ME the one who decides which scholarship to take (in case of winning both) or CSC instead?

If you win the CSC and do not take it, then it will affect your chances the following year because they see it as wasting their time and denying other people a place. Same for CIS. If my plan is to only study Chinese language in China for one year, then I would apply for both to increase my chances. If I want to study in China for more than one year then I would only apply for one.. CIS or CSC.

14 hours ago, ltz1992 said:

but you cant get a cis 1 year study scholarship once you have ever had a student visa in your passport, cmiiw

That only applies to one semester and four week courses. People with X1 and X2 visas can apply for the one year course, however, "International students currently studying in China are not eligible."

https://www.soas.ac.uk/lci/scholarships/

• New Members
1 hour ago, 芒果乾 said:

That only applies to one semester and four week courses. People with X1 and X2 visas can apply for the one year course, however, "International students currently studying in China are not eligible."

https://www.soas.ac.uk/lci/scholarships/

I thought so too, but just checked my application and they have put me back from step 4 to step 3, since "根据2019年孔子学院奖学金申请办法,一学年研修生不录取在华留学生。该申请者2019年1月在华。"
I studied one semester in China, but was back to my home country at the time of applying.
Does anyone know if there's any chance of them reconsidering?

But you already submitted all the files into CIS and CSC system??? If you already created your user and uploaded everything is because your local institute gave you the chance and another person lost it... If you are beyond point 1 (in CIS) i dont think you can be able to cancel it, you might be rewarded with 0, 1 or 2 scholarships. Idk what will happen if you get both of them, I have been told you might get black listed for doing that, but it was a might, so not sure... but good luck and when it finish the selection tell us about it.

On 5/11/2019 at 1:13 AM, claaaau said:

I thought so too, but just checked my application and they have put me back from step 4 to step 3, since "根据2019年孔子学院奖学金申请办法,一学年研修生不录取在华留学生。该申请者2019年1月在华。"
I studied one semester in China, but was back to my home country at the time of applying.
Does anyone know if there's any chance of them reconsidering?

maybe just because your student visa was still registered in china and you didnt cancel it, so technically according to your visa, you were still in china that time. check your visa, and re-apply, you maybe still got the chance. wish you luck!

Did anyone get any email from their university? I applied to HNU (Hebei Normal Uni) and I got an email earlier today to submit my medical check up and additional docs by 31 May on their student portal. Does any of you also receive email?

• Like 1

5 hours ago, ana_hwang said:

Did anyone get any email from their university? I applied to HNU (Hebei Normal Uni) and I got an email earlier today to submit my medical check up and additional docs by 31 May on their student portal. Does any of you also receive email?

Depends on the university, i got 2 friends that the universities they chosen (Zhejiang and Xian Jiaotong) asked them different things and the deadline is also different, to one of them beside the medical report they also asked him criminal records. In my case they didnt ask me anything, people who already went to the uni i selected told me i should present the medical record when i get there.

3 hours ago, Tuxon said:

Depends on the university, i got 2 friends that the universities they chosen (Zhejiang and Xian Jiaotong) asked them different things and the deadline is also different, to one of them beside the medical report they also asked him criminal records. In my case they didnt ask me anything, people who already went to the uni i selected told me i should present the medical record when i get there

So it still doesnt mean that I get this scholarship ya?