Chinese-Forums

Confucius Institute Scholarship 2019

Matheus Salgado
Lu
Message added by Lu

Dear scholarship applicants,

Please don't forget we have LOTS of useful information on this site, not just the scholarship topics. We can advise on learning Chinese, life in China, visas and if you can't find what you need to know, you can ask a question

Take a look around!

Lu

EmperorTomatoKetchup
3 hours ago, lahore said:

I have submitted my application for one year language study but my  application is still at stage . I have heard that your application is moved to stage 2 the moment you submit your application ?? 

it should've moved to stage 2 if you clicked on submit. If you go back to "fill in" can you still click on submit? if it has been submitted there should only be a "print" button.

• New Members

I have submitted my application for one year language study yesterday and just reached the 4th step , does this mean that I'm pre-admitted in the university or the scolarship ? 

Thanks in advance for your answers ^^

6 hours ago, EmperorTomatoKetchup said:

it should've moved to stage 2 if you clicked on submit. If you go back to "fill in" can you still click on submit? if it has been submitted there should only be a "print" button.

Yes ,it only Shows the Print button.

I think if you are in stage 4 waiting for stage 5 (Hanban decision) is because you have been already admitted by the university and now you need to be admitted by Hanban, when they check -somehow- everyone's admissions. (End May)

I did had a interview in my local Confucius Institute before stage 1, for them choosing between everyone who signed up, who are the ones they think are the best to recommend.

I guess if you will do a interview with the University you have chosen, they might ask similar things. To introduce yourself, why are you studying Chinese language, whats your level/score of HSK, what do you expect from the uni you chose, things you like about China, etc...

If you are not comfortable with interviews is better for you to prepare what you want to talk and try to talk most of the time, so they hear most of the time till they think ok i like it, this is good and enough, and dont get heavy artillery with questions haha (For example, my Chinese listening might be my weakest point).

Thats my opinion, maybe some other users that really got a interview with the University can tell better!!

Good luck to everyone!

• I have submitted my application for one year language study yesterday and just reached the 4th step , does this mean that I'm pre-admitted in the university or the scolarship ? 

Thanks in advance for your answers ^^

@Liorio

Getting to step 4 doesn't necessarily mean you haven been accepted. Check your examination report. I have a friend who has reached step 4 but has not been accepted, his examination report says his documents have been checked and is waiting to be accepted, I guess he didn't make it for the first review time but might make it for the next reviewing time. On the other hand, my examination report said explicitly I have been accepted (同意录取). Sooooooo check the examination report!

EmperorTomatoKetchup

I have to reach out to the two universities I applied to but it is quite difficult to find their email addresses. Can anyone help me out to find the ones for Fujian Normal and Qingdao Unversities?

The ones I found were:

Fujian Normal University: oice@fjnu.edu.cn
Qingdao University: intel@qdu.edu.cn

the one for Qingdao was at the International stundent website, but I would need the ones for the office responsible for the scholarships.

9 hours ago, MarleneAlv said:

Getting to step 4 doesn't necessarily mean you haven been accepted. Check your examination report. I have a friend who has reached step 4 but has not been accepted, his examination report says his documents have been checked and is waiting to be accepted, I guess he didn't make it for the first review time but might make it for the next reviewing time. On the other hand, my examination report said explicitly I have been accepted (同意录取). Sooooooo check the examination report!

true, i forgot to mention that also, in the examination report, the person in charge of the university you chose will write a report saying whats going on about your specific case.

In my case it starts saying im ok with all the paperwork, that i meet all their criteria and the hsk levels and finishes with "我校现做预录取,但是否获得奖学金将由国家汉办考试与奖学金处综合评审决定。" so i guess in my case i now only have to wait with Hanban (My country Confucius institute has a direct partnership with the university i have chosen, plus i already went 1 month last year, so they already know me in case they need a interview or whatever it is).

I have a friend that has chosen another university near Shanghai and 2 days after he reach stage 3 they sent him a mail telling he should also create a user in the university webpage and start uploading the same files, plus medical record and other things... Other friend to a university in Xian, and beside all this they are also asking criminal records!! So each university has different steps, some might ask you interviews, or some other stuff!

6 hours ago, EmperorTomatoKetchup said:

I have to reach out to the two universities I applied to but it is quite difficult to find their email addresses. Can anyone help me out to find the ones for Fujian Normal and Qingdao Unversities?

The ones I found were:

Fujian Normal University: oice@fjnu.edu.cn
Qingdao University: intel@qdu.edu.cn

the one for Qingdao was at the International stundent website, but I would need the ones for the office responsible for the scholarships.

Tomato, you should check also in here http://cis.chinese.cn/Account/AcceptShool search for the 2 universities and click on them, they should send you to a page with contact information.

For Fujian Normal i think its this one: http://cis.chinese.cn/Account/AcceptShoolDetail/225

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Tuxon said:

i forgot to mention that also, in the examination report, the person in charge of the university you chose will write a report saying whats going on about your specific case.

In my case it starts saying im ok with all the paperwork, that i meet all their criteria and the hsk levels and finishes with "我校现做预录取,但是否获得奖学金将由国家汉办考试与奖学金处综合评审决定。" so i guess in my case i now only have to wait with Hanban (My country Confucius institute has a direct partnership with the university i have chosen, plus i already went 1 month last year, so they already know me in case they need a interview or whatever it is).

One of my friends is interested in going for the 4 week tai chi and Chinese medicine scholarship, did you go to China using this scholarship? :)

6 minutes ago, MarleneAlv said:

One of my friends is interested in going for the 4 week tai chi and Chinese medicine scholarship, did you go to China using this scholarship? :)

Yes, i got the month confucius scholarship, the taichi one, it was a great experience, i went with HSK2 so it was a good glimpse about China and studying there, it took out all my doubts about if i should sign up for 1 year or in the future more time.

You have regular chinese classes monday-friday the whole morning and after lunch you have taichi 3 days per week and the other 2 days you have cultural classes, might be museum visits, chinese cooking, traditional music, etc... I really enjoy it and after that month i went travelling alone for 1 month, so it helped me a lot to gain confidence with my chinese.

After that, returning to my country my level stayed the same, maybe some parts even lower (Speaking and listening) since now im not practicing every day, studying here is so much slower so you might feel frustrated returning unless you plan going back for a longer time haha.

But overall its great, i would tell you friend to sign up!! Every friend i made there in my course also ended up happy about it.

7 hours ago, Tuxon said:

Yes, i got the month confucius scholarship, the taichi one, it was a great experience, i went with HSK2 so it was a good glimpse about China and studying there, it took out all my doubts about if i should sign up for 1 year or in the future more time.

You have regular chinese classes monday-friday the whole morning and after lunch you have taichi 3 days per week and the other 2 days you have cultural classes, might be museum visits, chinese cooking, traditional music, etc... I really enjoy it and after that month i went travelling alone for 1 month, so it helped me a lot to gain confidence with my chinese.

After that, returning to my country my level stayed the same, maybe some parts even lower (Speaking and listening) since now im not practicing every day, studying here is so much slower so you might feel frustrated returning unless you plan going back for a longer time haha.

But overall its great, i would tell you friend to sign up!! Every friend i made there in my course also ended up happy about it.

Im glad you had such a great time!! Sounds so fun, my friend has HSK1 do you think they would still take him in? and how did you know which universities provided that kind of scholarship? 

13 hours ago, MarleneAlv said:

Im glad you had such a great time!! Sounds so fun, my friend has HSK1 do you think they would still take him in? and how did you know which universities provided that kind of scholarship? 

He should check the requirements that your local Confucius Institute -or whoever gives the scholarships in your country- is asking for. I think that when i went they were asking HSK1 or 2 i dont remember, but we had a girl in our group that came without any HSK, was kinda weird idk how she got in lol.

About the universities he should also ask in the local Confucius institute. In our case was only Jilin daxue last year, this year they open it also for Fudan daxue, and 2 more universities, one in Dalian and other one in Beijing (Dont remember the names). But it depends on the arrangements each institute have with different chinese universities.

2 hours ago, Tuxon said:

He should check the requirements that your local Confucius Institute -or whoever gives the scholarships in your country- is asking for. I think that when i went they were asking HSK1 or 2 i dont remember, but we had a girl in our group that came without any HSK, was kinda weird idk how she got in lol.

About the universities he should also ask in the local Confucius institute. In our case was only Jilin daxue last year, this year they open it also for Fudan daxue, and 2 more universities, one in Dalian and other one in Beijing (Dont remember the names). But it depends on the arrangements each institute have with different chinese universities

Thank you very much! I had already read the requirements and they just ask for any HSK but was wondering if u met people who won the scholarship with HSK1. Regarding the univerdities I guess ill have to email hanban to ask since my CI didnt even know that kind scholarship existed (they never know anything smh) 

42 minutes ago, MarleneAlv said:

Thank you very much! I had already read the requirements and they just ask for any HSK but was wondering if u met people who won the scholarship with HSK1. Regarding the univerdities I guess ill have to email hanban to ask since my CI didnt even know that kind scholarship existed (they never know anything smh) 

hahaha i think they are like that everywhere.

It might depend in the amount of people they can send, i think in here they need to get 10 or 15 persons to give that scholarship, if they dont get to that quota then they cant send anyone. This year they didnt reach to that quota so they wont send people.

And some countries might not offer all the scholarships that Hanban offer (Might depend on amount of students, number of CI, etc...)

On 5/1/2019 at 2:58 PM, Tuxon said:

I think if you are in stage 4 waiting for stage 5 (Hanban decision) is because you have been already admitted by the university and now you need to be admitted by Hanban, when they check -somehow- everyone's admissions. (End May)

End May? Based on other years, I'm afraid we will have to wait until the beginning of July...

1 hour ago, Frank Jansen said:

End May? Based on other years, I'm afraid we will have to wait until the beginning of July...

End May they start reviewing everyones applications, but idk how much time they will take to review all and start submitting, if they do per university or they do the whole batch and then upload. I have a friend that went 3 years ago and she told me she got the result in June.

Our CI local director told us is better to submit everything before deadlines for better results, idk if he was referring that  the whole will be process faster (even point 5) or just for point 4 to get a fast confirmation from the university you chose and then just wait for Hanban.

I guess its a whole mistery hahaha, we can just wait for June or July and notify here when we get some news.

On 5/4/2019 at 3:06 PM, Frank Jansen said:

End May? Based on other years, I'm afraid we will have to wait until the beginning of July..

Last year they had different deadlines and the application said hanban would submit results 2 months before enrolllment. This year the application says they will submit results 3 months before enrollment which would be in may beginning of june