Chinese-Forums

2018 CSC Scholarships

Angelina
roddy
Message added by roddy

Dear scholarship applicants,

Please don't forget we have LOTS of useful information on this site, not just the scholarship topics. We can advise on learning Chinese, life in China, visas and if you can't find what you need to know, you can ask a question

Take a look around!

Roddy

Hello All,

Congrats to all scholarship recipients.

I would like to request an assistance with an enquiry, maybe from those that have already received the scholarship (any other person with an answer can reply too)

I applied for the General Scholar Program at SCUT (through CSC and UNESCO). Was contacted by SCUT that they've sent my admission package to CSC. CSC and UNESCO still has to make the final selections though.

However, I noticed that my application status on the CSC portal (http://studyinchina.csc.edu.cn/#/login) changed from "In Progress" to "Unsubmitted", as if I never filled the form before.

I would therefore like to enquire that, as a scholarship recipient, what the application status is like (on CSC portal) for you? I would think it would change to either "successful" or "Not successful" 

I attach a screenshot of this.

Thank you.

6DF2550F-B175-4D20-B717-CEFAC1DA1AA8.jpeg

@shamaziav2@yahoo.com You can definitely apply for the Shanghai Government Scholarship after you finish a year with CGS. I have met people when I studied at Fudan who've done it and it worked out fine for them. Its a different application pool and much smaller but still competetive. Its not really seen as being "greedy" for actually, you can have the CGS scholarship multiple times but you can't use it back to back. Alas, many people go this route when going for their higher degrees. There has to be a year inbetween after using each scholarship before you apply again so I know this will be the best route to go for you

shamaziav2@yahoo.com

@Nnedi Ugo Hey thanks so much for the info! That's exactly what I hoped to hear, and it's at least something for me to think about over the next year. In the meantime, I'll try my best to get situated at Tongji, and maybe I'll find that it's actually the perfect fit!

2 hours ago, Nnedi Ugo said:

There has to be a year inbetween after using each scholarship before you apply again so I know this will be the best route to go for you

Not necessarily, there are cases students have got the scholarship in the same year. 

1 hour ago, shamaziav2@yahoo.com said:

Hey thanks so much for the info! That's exactly what I hoped to hear, and it's at least something for me to think about over the next year. In the meantime, I'll try my best to get situated at Tongji, and maybe I'll find that it's actually the perfect fit!

Top schools definitely help in securing the job but at the end confident in yourself, and experience makes you professional. Degrees are just the formalities. Don't hold yourself by thinking that you couldn't get into the best school. 

To anyone who applied to Zheda:

I looked around and it seems that last year the scholarship results came out in the first part of August (August 9 to 15 depending on scholarship). We might still have a few weeks of waiting ahead of us...

@洋人丹 yes I was looking at the same thing.. truly a shame. You’d think they’d have figured out a better system since they always say results will come out mid-end of July but constantly fail to deliver 

Dear all 

I applied to CSC scholarship for type A and B 

in type B I got admitted IN ENU university Ph.D. CS 

but when they sent my application to CSC for the last review they sent me an email through ISO said 

The system feedback indicated
that Azeemullah has applied not only one university, and 
has been awarded CSC scholarship to another
university. We do not know which university
is the one. Please contact all the other university he
applied for the information update...

@IdeaRules there have been a few discussions about the CSC status on the website and its relation to you getting the scholarship and it seems that 'in progress' is a good sign but people also are awarded the scholarship with it still saying submitted.

That said I don't know of anyone who has seen their status go to Unsubmitted. I would definitely ask the university and even CSC about this. 

@Nnedi Ugo with regards to being 'greedy' I was simply passing on what I'd been told by admissions teams. It's one thing to use the different scholarships for progressing with higher degrees but to use for similar courses at the same level was something I was told (I had looked at doing something similar) was not the best with regards to how it reflects on your judgment (they said they viewed it the person should've just applied to their number one school and researched better) and that it wasn't a positive thing because it took up funding and accommodation on a course you had no intention of completing. But if what you say is correct than that changes things massively as people can just use one year of funding and teaching to prepare a better application for a better university. 

• Helpful 1

@tomovhell

, please I get this email from ENU 

There is some update today. The system feedback indicated
that Azeemullah has applied not only one university, and he
has been awarded CSC scholarship to another
university. We do not know which university
is the one. Please contact all the other university he
applied for the information update.
Best regards,

Just for the information, ye Chinese Embassy in Pakistan just sent the Scholarship pre notification to those who applied via Embassy. 

The list contains 96 names.

81BA8D42-4E14-49D2-9274-FABC3C5845AA.png

Just for the information, ye Chinese Embassy in Pakistan just sent the Scholarship pre notification to those who applied via Embassy. 

The list contains 96 names.

• Like 2
  • Helpful 1