Chinese-Forums

2019 CSC Scholarships

lethargica
Lu
Message added by Lu

Dear scholarship applicants,

Please don't forget we have LOTS of useful information on this site, not just the scholarship topics. We can advise on learning Chinese, life in China, visas and if you can't find what you need to know, you can ask a question

Take a look around!

Lu

18 hours ago, GabrielaVD said:

Those 10 designated unis to study chinese are only for people who applied for undergrads.

Speaking of those 10 universities, can we choose where we want to study (like at which univeristy among those 10) for the chinese language prep. programme before starting our undergraduate studies or do the CSC decide that for us?

@Eyoel as @CubePhil has pointed out. A good application is required and early application too. Now getting acceptance letter is optional, it depends on the requirements in your chosen university. Take note. Take your time to prepare your study plan. Dont make it too ambiguous but simple and relatable. Note paying application fee doesn't guarantee anything.  Your csc status changing to 'in progress' doesn't guarantee anything.

make sure you apply to a major that is related to your bachelor or master's. You can't study English in bachelor and apply math in masters. HSK results doesn't guarantee anything.

then note, while applying for csc, take your time to go through their previous csc awardees list to check if the school usually have good relationship with your countries . My stay in China have made me realise dat there are some schools that have good relationship with Pakistanis some are ghanaians some Russians etc. That applying to schools are usually accepts students from your country would be an added advantage. 

in conclusion, nobody really knows what they look out for. Just have a good application and wait to see if you are lucky

• Thanks 1
  • Helpful 1

Hi @Alfred Chucks Thanks for your comment. Regarding your question about SCUT, I believe the window for application for Chinese Government Scholarship at the university has closed(that is, if you wanted to apply for the scholarship). As per the the information on their website, the deadline was 31st March 2019. You can check at the link below....

http://www2.scut.edu.cn/sie_en/1176/list.htm

If you want to apply as a self financed student, then you have until 15th June this year according to their Admission Prospectus for International Students. You can download the document with the link below(document size is about 60MB)......

https://a.17gz.org/upload/image/2019/01_16/NEWS/f7c48073db404fafb173c586f662dc0d.pdf

Application and selection procedures can be found in their admission prospectus.

As for what a late application is, I think it depends on which university you are applying to. Say, applications for a particular university starts in January and ends in July, I will consider an early application to be between January to April(but that's just me, someone might have a different opinion). But the reason why I say it depends on the university you apply to is this, some universities are quite popular than others and the number of applicants to those universities might be significantly higher than others, so even if you apply in April (which I consider to be early in my opinion), the number of applicants before you could be huge as compared to a "less popular" university, making the argument of an early application, void in this case.

But really, if it's no fault of yours, I think as long as you meet the deadline for a particular university and you have a good application, just go for it, late or not. You never know.

• Helpful 1

@philippo 

On 4/13/2019 at 12:07 PM, philippo said:

@Eyoelchangchun university of science and technology

This year I applied to CUST too. Do you have any idea regarding their admission process like how many students do they take every year and what country nationalities most of the international students are ? One more thing, how about the major we choose, do you think it affect our applications results ? 

@Jabri I only received a congratulatory email around Sept that I have been awarded Csc and my admission package have been sent. Immediately I received that message that was when the schools started replying emails. And I was told to be in China before 15 oct. By God's grace I did. Personally I think reply to emails is dependent on your school some reply and some don't.

Assuming you followed last year thread you would noticed allot more people received their around July August. I guess mine came later and I liked it because i was able to complete my work. Even when I saw my name on the nomination list of school website. I tried contacting them but they never reply until they were sure Csc awarded the scholarship to me. That was when emails reponse began and they helped a lot in response to all my questions

• Like 1

I think from past changchun University of sci and tech Csc list they accept around 28 to 30 students. They have 2 list totalling 30. But it's all subject to change nobody knows how many this time. Judging by d majority of international students here. I would say parkistans Sudan Nigeria Ghana somolia columbia. Koreans and Russians and Americans  are mostly exchange student not csc

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, philippo said:

I only received a congratulatory email around Sept that I have been awarded Csc and my admission package have been sent. Immediately I received that message that was when the schools started replying emails. And I was told to be in China before 15 oct. 

This confuses me. Doesn't the school semester start in early September? Did you have to join classes that were already in session, or did your classes start after you arrived in China?

13 hours ago, philippo said:

Assuming you followed last year thread you would noticed allot more people received their around July August. I guess mine came later and I liked it because i was able to complete my work. Even when I saw my name on the nomination list of school website. I tried contacting them but they never reply until they were sure Csc awarded the scholarship to me. That was when emails reponse began and they helped a lot in response to all my questions

13 hours ago, philippo said:

I think from past changchun University of sci and tech Csc list they accept around 28 to 30 students. They have 2 list totalling 30. But it's all subject to change nobody knows how many this time. Judging by d majority of international students here. I would say parkistans Sudan Nigeria Ghana somolia columbia. Koreans and Russians and Americans  are mostly exchange student not csc

Thanks for the detail information dude. I think september is a little bit too late than the normal deadline. So you mean there are list of CSC nomination list of CUST and your name in it ?
By the way, I just checked my status on CSC website for CUST yesterday, it changed to in-progress. I know it doesn't matter but at least I think it's good to know that they have received my application documents. How about yours last year ? I hope you don't mind to share your status on CSC website with us here. 

@Jabri my status for nanjin University of science and technology was in progress but that of changchun was submitted. 

Sometimes status might mean a good sign sometimes it's just an automatic machine program to execute. I know some friends that their status was in progress yet they didn't scale through meanwhile to some others they did scaled through. So it depends. My point is that status don't mean anything. Just keep checking your email and University website.

@yaycat yeah I resumed a month late but it was not my fault. But it was enough time to catch up. Mine was English taught so I had to skip Chinese classes for next semester since. They have already started. One good thing is that you would be asked if you feel you are psychologically stable to write the exam for that semester to avoid pressure and tension. If you are not. You can freely shift you classes and exams to the next semester.

• Helpful 1

1 hour ago, philippo said:

my status for nanjin University of science and technology was in progress but that of changchun was submitted. 

Sometimes status might mean a good sign sometimes it's just an automatic machine program to execute. I know some friends that their status was in progress yet they didn't scale through meanwhile to some others they did scaled through. So it depends. My point is that status don't mean anything. Just keep checking your email and University website.

I agree. So, I shouldn't expect anything from change in status. Might be a good sign but don't hope too much✌ Thanks buddy

• Like 1