Chinese-Forums

2019 CSC Scholarships

lethargica
Lu
Message added by Lu

Dear scholarship applicants,

Please don't forget we have LOTS of useful information on this site, not just the scholarship topics. We can advise on learning Chinese, life in China, visas and if you can't find what you need to know, you can ask a question

Take a look around!

Lu

• New Members

Hell guys, please I have some questions. 

I and a friend both applied to the same 3 universities for the CSC through category B for a Master's program. We'll also need a 1-year Chinese language preparatory course. If we are accepted by 2 or more universities do we get to decide which one to attend? I heard there are 10 designated universities for the language prep. Do we choose where to go for the course or the choice is made for us? I'm asking these questions because we'll like to go to the same place if possible. Thanks for your help. 

I wanna ask a very specific question that will most likely go unanswered on this thread.
Is this contact info. of CSC valid / active?

Tel: 0086-10-66093970
Fax: 0086-10-66093915
E-mail: zizhu1@csc.edu.cn

Does anyone else have better/more updated info.?

Thanks

One of the qualities of a good application in China is early application.  I have come to notice dat most Chinese universities don't play with time. They do first come first serve.

So when ever u want to apply for some scholarships. Try to get your documents on time and apply as early as possible . It gives u an edge

• Thanks 1

@Mixx Depends on how fast the universities you applied to process your documents. You can both be accepted by the three universities you applied but you can only be awarded one scholarship. The university that is first to recommend you to CSC will be the one you will be admitted to if you are awarded the scholarship. So pray that your friend and you are recommended to CSC by the same school.

@CubePhil I don't quite understand what you mean by "the program makes provision for that". I see on the school website that the program I applied for requires HSK6, but I only have HSK5. I plan to apply through Type A, will they provide me with one year language study before starting master program do you think?

16 hours ago, Mixx said:

we are accepted by 2 or more universities do we get to decide which one to attend? I heard there are 10 designated universities for the language prep

CSC decides for you, lets hope you both get accepted by the same uni and awarded the scholarship.

Those 10 designated unis to study chinese are only for people who applied for undergrads. Master students who required 1 year chinese course study at the same university where they are gona study their masters. 

• Helpful 1

Hello everyone,

As for the stamp on the photo of Physical Examination Form - does it have to be a hospital stamp? Or doctor's stamp is ok? The hospital's stamp was pretty big so there was no space for this on the 1st page. 

And another question: is it okay to apply both for CSC Scholarship Type B (Master Degree Program) and CIS Scholarship (also Master Degree MTSCOL)? As many of you, I am totally stressed out about the results and I was thinking that if I don't get awarded with CSC Scholarship, I would go with CIS Scholarship that I am certain of. But there might be a problem if I am awarded with both. Have any of you encountered such issue? 

Thanks for any replies.

Concerning the physical fitness report. I uploaded a different report. Mine was a report issued to me by my hospital showing my results for series of medical test. I didn't used that foreign physical report because as at the time of my application, I never knew I had to download CGS physical report format. Though my current CGS application status is in progress, I hope my physical report doesn't disqualify me

@Neduboo I could be wrong but I think your case it tricky. I would suggest if you still have time, as in if the applications are not closed, to use that Chinese physical health examination form. You can do the tests, withdraw your application form, attach the results then send again. Or use the MOFCOM window which is still open until April 30. You can also check CGS universities that are still accepting applications and make a fresh bid with that real form.