Chinese-Forums

2019 CSC Scholarships

lethargica
Lu
Message added by Lu

Dear scholarship applicants,

Please don't forget we have LOTS of useful information on this site, not just the scholarship topics. We can advise on learning Chinese, life in China, visas and if you can't find what you need to know, you can ask a question

Take a look around!

Lu

38 minutes ago, BM said:

Jabri i also have a friend who is stressing over Her blood pressure problem, She has also been nominated by the Embassy but she is worried CSC might turn her down, which i very much doubt. Your take?

I don't think it's a big deal. Because they will do a medical check up again once you arrived at your chosen university. Don't think about it too much, just let it go and focus on something else.

• New Members

@Jabri@CubePhil thank you guys for the information @philippo you incredible great and i like your experience and info thank you . 

I would like to ask the difference btwn submitted and process?

I have applied 2 universities categ B  first university they contacted me and asked me to have  interview but status is still submitted, and the other one i get e-mail about my research and department after one week  the status is in process . 

So what do you think ? 

Does it mean i can get only the in process ? Or i have same chance between them?

What is the percentage btwn in process application vs submitted application?

19 hours ago, BM said:

thank you very much.    Is it possible that one can buy a TV set in His/Her dormitory? just curious... 

Haha of course man. You can even buy a PS 4 in your dormitory. You can buy almost everything and put it in your dormitory. Just keep in mind as long as it didn't disturb your roommate and the people in other rooms, it'll be fine. Make sure to ask the people in charge of the dormitory about the rules. Different university might have different rules.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Mohamud said:

I would like to ask the difference btwn submitted and process?

I have applied 2 universities categ B  first university they contacted me and asked me to have  interview but status is still submitted, and the other one i get e-mail about my research and department after one week  the status is in process . 

So what do you think ? 

Does it mean i can get only the in process ? Or i have same chance between them?

What is the percentage btwn in process application vs submitted application?

If you're saying in-progress, it's a good step forward. If it's in-process, it's just the same as submitted.

7 minutes ago, BM said:

woooow!!!! Hooray!!!! Congratulations my Friend. I am so Happy for You!! Your Persistence has finally paid off.. Does this mean you have been approved by CSC?

Thanks buddy. Yepp not yet, they just nominated me as their formal candidates. Thank God. Now waiting for approval by CSC, which the result will be out within July as I phoned them on friday. I wish all the others will hear good news too ! ?

• Like 1

@Mohamud don't care much about status. Since your school said the fixed and interview 

Just take the interview. Just keep following the process and keep chacking the school website because for now. What you should care about is the school you applied and their feed back to you and not csc status. When the school nominates you, csc reviews the nomination and selects d school so you have to get only one school. Then csc sends it back to the school then d school announces the awardee and send them the award letters. So most time 75percent is dependent on the school. If they can nominate you, it's a progress not the csc status. So concerntrate on the school and their websites. 

• Like 1

Hi guys

I applied to CGS through the embassy of my country (spain) and got recommended by them. My status in CSC is in progress.

As I was curious about the selection process, I emailed tsinghua's (my 1st choice) and asked them if they had received my documents or not.

They answered: Have you already registered for the Tsinghua International Graduate Admissions Online?

But, as my application was a Type A one, I shouldn't apply through them, Besides, the website clearly stated that  Applicants should choose only one application channel. Repeated application through more than one channels is not allowed.

So I am a bit confused now. What do you guys think?

Btw, I am talking w them in Chinese and I am getting fast responses. Just in case it can help

• Good question! 1

7 hours ago, Jabri said:

I just received a pre-admission notice

I don't want to sound killjoy here, but are you sure this notice is not fake? Besides, the fact that you have to pay 450 dollars is a bit suspicious...

I am saying this because I have met several students (most of them from Pakistan) who have received fake admission letters, asking them for money.

In addition, I have noted that the date used in your admission notice has a wrong format, as Chinese write dates as "yy/mm/dd".

Just trying to help you, I am not trying to let you down. If it results to be a genuine one, please ignore my remarks, and receive my most sincere congrats!

4 hours ago, xbyren said:

I don't want to sound killjoy here, but are you sure this notice is not fake? Besides, the fact that you have to pay 450 dollars is a bit suspicious...

I am saying this because I have met several students (most of them from Pakistan) who have received fake admission letters, asking them for money.

In addition, I have noted that the date used in your admission notice has a wrong format, as Chinese write dates as "yy/mm/dd".

Just trying to help you, I am not trying to let you down. If it results to be a genuine one, please ignore my remarks, and receive my most sincere congrats!

I totally understand your concern. Actually I double check everything before this. I checked the email and the phone number on their website and compare them as on the admission notice. And on friday, I deliberately call a phone number from the official website that is different from what is written in the admission notice and I ask the person in charge if it is fake or authentic.

When I ask him, I can hear that the he was literally laughing on the phone(maybe because my Chinese isn't as good ?). Another thing is I did ask few other people that applied there about their status on csc website. It's strange that mine has changed while theirs aren't.

My final move would be to ask help from a friend that's already studying there. But China is having a holiday rn until thursday, so I have to wait. Appreciate your concern man thanks ✌

P.S : 450 usd or 3,000 yuan sounds suspicious to me too. But I heard some university did that to make sure all scholarship quota is filled since a lot of students applied to more than one universities and thus sometimes rejected the offer at the end.

On 4/19/2019 at 10:23 AM, BaneGlory said:

When I go to the speaking test sign up, these are the only options available on the drop down menu. 

In the "type test sites" part, select "select all" so you can see the whole list of USA test centres. HSKK is done on a computer.. HSK can be done using paper or computer (internet-based test).

Yes, there are definitely more Confuscious institutes but it seems many of them do not offer tests. 

Do you think it's smarter, and better, to look for scholarships done by schools instead? 

@xbyren i applied through the same category which is A. And my first choice University is Tsinghua . I think their question was, Have you applied on the  Tsighua Graduate Application System? Even if you are applying for Category A, for some schools you still have to apply on their Websites. Not for the scholarship but for Admission into the program.  But i am certain that CSC will send your documents to Tsinghua what i cannot be certain about is your admission.   because in my case i applied for my program before i applied for the scholarship, and before i was recommended for the scholarship i already had a pre-admission letter. 

Guys, taking into account that I wasted my opportunity in the masters application, do you know any school to which I can still apply through type B for a one year Chinese language course?And then I could properly apply next year for the Masters, right?