Chinese-Forums

2019 CSC Scholarships

lethargica
Lu
Message added by Lu

Dear scholarship applicants,

Please don't forget we have LOTS of useful information on this site, not just the scholarship topics. We can advise on learning Chinese, life in China, visas and if you can't find what you need to know, you can ask a question

Take a look around!

Lu

On 6/2/2019 at 3:33 AM, pan.kasper said:

By the way, does anyone applying through EU Window had their application status changed to "In Progress" from "Submitted"?

Nope, nothing here....I have been checking it every day, and it's still "Submitted". :( 

This is what my SJTU application says on their portal. Does this mean SJTU accepted me as a student or am I waiting for the department to accept me? It says I’m Pre-admitted? Does that mean they admitted me then sent the application to the CSC for final approval?

0503A241-302F-46F1-B7B8-626A61240D0A.jpeg

• Like 1

NJMU emailed me, with email subject: Pre Admission. 

And they said I passed the their review and should wait for approval from CSC since I applied as a CSC student. 

My status on CSC application Portal for that very University is “in Progress”.  Does this mean I stand a chance of the scholarship??

thank you.

• Good question! 1

• New Members

Hey everyone, would really appreciate if i could get some opinions. 

I have applied through Type A- Embassy route and I only put 1 choice which is Tsinghua University as I really only have my eyes on this university for their phd program. 

I also has the pre-admission letter submitted in the application.

My status has just changed from Submitted to "In Progress"

Do i need to inform the admission office about it or I just have to wait till July?

and is that a good sign? Im really lost. 

5 hours ago, MissA said:

It says I’m Pre-admitted

Pre admission, which from what I know, you have been shortlisted and you name has been submitted to CSC for scholarship approval. Once you get that approval, that's it. 

5 hours ago, MissA said:

Does this mean SJTU accepted me as a student or am I waiting for the department to accept me?

Your pre-admission has been quick. My under review date was 24 May and it still has not been updated :lol: even though SJTU replied to my e-mail saying my application has "passed". Its likely you will get the scholarship, good luck!

4 hours ago, potatochips said:

Do i need to inform the admission office about it or I just have to wait till July?

and is that a good sign? Im really lost. 

If the process is the same for Tsinghua like other Chinese universities, then you will need an e-mail from Tsinghua asking you to apply for the course on their website. Once you have been pre-admitted by the university department (see MissA's post above), then your application is forwarded to CSC for final approval. Good luck!

50 minutes ago, Luscious said:

Pre admission, which from what I know, you have been shortlisted and you name has been submitted to CSC for scholarship approval. Once you get that approval, that's it. 

Oh wow really?! WHOOOO!! I’m so excited! I read about so many people not being admitted. I was worried because my gradjes weren’t that great. Lol.

28 minutes ago, 芒果乾 said:

Your pre-admission has been quick. My under review date was 24 May and it still has not been updated :lol: even though SJTU replied to my e-mail saying my application has "passed". Its likely you will get the scholarship, good luck!

Omg my mind is blown! I’ve always wanted to study abroad since I was in elementary and after awhile I gave up on that dream. But I feel so close to it now. It’s hard to like accept I may get the scholarship!!!

22 hours ago, Mr Jay said:

my status on Chongqing university  (CSC Type B scholarship) changed from "awaiting academic review" to "final result unreleased" what does this implies? Was I shortlisted for CSC review or not? The  university is yet to reply to my mail on this.

Now it's still early. Just wait until you get an email from them. Last year, my status was 'Admitted' in 2 universities, signed a commitment letter but at the end I still didn't get the scholarship. So, wait until you get an email from university or better wait until an admission package arrive in your home ?

• Like 1
  • Helpful 2

17 hours ago, Jabri said:

Now it's still early. Just wait until you get an email from them. Last year, my status was 'Admitted' in 2 universities, signed a commitment letter but at the end I still didn't get the scholarship. So, wait until you get an email from university or better wait until an admission package arrive in your home ?

So you got admitted and still didn’t get the scholarship?! That just sobered me up a lot! ?

did they say why?

My status in SEU is in process and status in CSC portal is still submitted.But some other guys said that their status in csc portal changed to in progress. Does it mean I am not nominated by the uni??

Anyone here applied for Shanghai Government Scholarship?

On 6/5/2019 at 8:53 AM, MissA said:

So you got admitted and still didn’t get the scholarship?! That just sobered me up a lot! ?

did they say why?

Yeah, and 'Admitted' was supposed to be the 'FINAL' result. Last year, I tried to contact with my chosen university after my status changed to 'Admitted' and I hardly get any news from them.
What can I say is, if your status was 'Admitted', check with the university if you're in the 'Formal' or 'Waiting@Substitute' list. Either group you will get an 'Admitted' status. If you're in the latter group, I think that's not a good news. Most of the time there are hardly people in the formal list that's gonna withdraw their application and even if there is, you still have to compete with other peoples in the waiting list. So, the chances is very very low

• Helpful 1

8 hours ago, Jabri said:

Yeah, and 'Admitted' was supposed to be the 'FINAL' result. Last year, I tried to contact with my chosen university after my status changed to 'Admitted' and I hardly get any news from them.
What can I say is, if your status was 'Admitted', check with the university if you're in the 'Formal' or 'Waiting@Substitute' list. Either group you will get an 'Admitted' status. If you're in the latter group, I think that's not a good news. Most of the time there are hardly people in the formal list that's gonna withdraw their application and even if there is, you still have to compete with other peoples in the waiting list. So, the chances is very very l

Oh wow! That’s really good information to know. So I sent SJTU An email to ask which list I’m on. Whew now I feel nervous!

On 6/7/2019 at 10:48 AM, dejaga said:

I applied to Chongqing University. My University Status Changed to "Admitted" at thesame time my CSC Status changed too "In Progress". What are my likely chances though i haven't received any email yet. Thanks

I and @philippo has mentioned this few times previously. There's no guarantee that you'll get the scholarship with the 'admitted' and 'in progress' status. Have a look on my previous post below

On 6/6/2019 at 12:53 PM, Jabri said:

What can I say is, if your status was 'Admitted', check with the university if you're in the 'Formal' or 'Waiting@Substitute' list. Either group you will get an 'Admitted' status. If you're in the latter group, I think that's not a good news. Most of the time there are hardly people in the formal list that's gonna withdraw their application and even if there is, you still have to compete with other peoples in the waiting list. So, the chances is very very low

• Helpful 1