Chinese-Forums

2019 CSC Scholarships

lethargica
Lu
Message added by Lu

Dear scholarship applicants,

Please don't forget we have LOTS of useful information on this site, not just the scholarship topics. We can advise on learning Chinese, life in China, visas and if you can't find what you need to know, you can ask a question

Take a look around!

Lu

Hey!

I have send type A scholarship and was nominated by Embassy in my country. Last year there was only 6 people applying for CGS in my country and they were giving out total of 15 of them, meaning everyone got one. I feel quite unsure though, my application status is "In process", but I have yet to be contacted by any university. Anyone in same situation, or anyone who can give me some hope? All answers greatly appreciated.

17 hours ago, CaroCard said:

What do you think? I never chose a Major in Communication tho, but...

Personally I would only do a non language course taught in Chinese if I had at least HSK 5 or preferably 6. 

• Good question! 1

9 hours ago, Zeus said:

I think you get provided priority housing by the university if you get the CSG.

@SusanP From what I have read in previous threads, international student university dorms are allocated on a first come first served basis with a window to register some time in July or August depending on the university. No priority is given to scholarship recipients.

4 hours ago, Jtavi said:

Anyone in same situation, or anyone who can give me some hope?

If you have not registered as a student on any university website yet, then you need an email from one of your university choices asking you to register as a student. Some of us have gone through this process and this step is important.

• Like 1

• New Members

@ Zeus, this is unclear to me. I have heard that even CSG receipients dont have priority and the university is not reponding to my enquiries. though i have reveived a pre-confirmation of acceptance from Tsinghua.

@Jtavi, I have been nominated and also accepted by the university. We are now awaiting the final confirmation from the Gov't.

I also wonder, if anybody has been at Tsinghua: How can ensure that I have a single bedroom and a single bathroom, and not an AB room?

Thanks all flr your help!

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Jtavi said:

Anyone in same situation, or anyone who can give me some hope?

Same situation except that only one out of three universities emailed me saying that they got the csc application. That was by the end of may. Never heard anything else from them or from my embassy since then. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, SusanP said:

@ Zeus, this is unclear to me. I have heard that even CSG receipients dont have priority and the university is not reponding to my enquiries. though i have reveived a pre-confirmation of acceptance from Tsinghua.

@SusanP I reread the page and I'm also unsure now. I thought it was prioritized but it only says that its reserved. I know there's a whatsapp group that was made in this thread maybe they know?

Screen Shot 2019-06-29 at 11.00.22 AM.png

14 hours ago, SusanP said:

I also wonder, if anybody has been at Tsinghua: How can ensure that I have a single bedroom and a single bathroom, and not an AB room?

i was and I will gladly tell the truth because I see people are misguiding:

international CSC students are assigned a dorm automatically. an AB room is a type of room with two bedrooms and shared bathroom, this is what you get if you are general scholar or master student. If you are a PhD, you get an ensuite, so single bedroom with own bathroom. 

• Like 2
  • Helpful 1

@SusanP, @Zeus you are guaranteed a room on campus in the international student dormitories if you are a CGS recipient. Unless you're a PhD student, you will be placed in an A/B room in which you have your own private room, but a shared bathroom.

If you wish to live in a single room, the only way is to forfeit your A/B room and pay for the single room yourself. That being said, CGS winners can receive an additional housing stipend of $700RMB/month to cover housing if they choose to forfeit their A/B room, which comes out to approx. $1700 RMB/month out of pocket for a single room on campus. If you wish to go this route, you will need to contact the school early in order for them to reserve a single room for you.

• Helpful 1

An update from Ms.  Yimeng Wu at the New York China embassy. I double and triple checked to make sure it’s true that I got the scholarship. From all parties it says that I have. :) 

not sure why I got my news early but I’m glad I got it now so I can make plans for the next month or so.

7747BCE7-FD8E-4988-B4A8-DC30AE6AB71F.jpeg

• Like 2

• New Members

Hi Guys

Please anyone with ideas on the CSC results for 2019-2020 academic year. I have applied and gone through interviews for SWUFE AND CUFE but haven't received any admission results yet.

My status for CUFE is awaiting for preliminary admission but its being ages now.

Thank you

1 hour ago, Luscious said:

So today I got this. I guess I better start packing for Beijing.  ???

I mean, how do they start processing a OneCard for students who have not been admitted? 

For now, that's the only information I have. My program is Global Journalism and Communication in Belt and Road Initiative. I am assuming the scholarship is under CSC and for now, I don't know the source. But I made a Type B application, using the school's portal. 

The program was individually advertised and promoted. 

20190701_152027.jpg

CONGRATS! CONGRATS! YAY!!

• New Members

Hi everyone!

This application is very complicated to me and I don't really understand. I applied for Chinese Government Scholarship master programme. Donghua University sent me an-email, that I am nominated for the Chinese Government Scholarship (B type), and I will get the final result in late July. I also applied another uiversity's Chinese Government Scholarship, and at first they nominated me for the scholarship, but then, because they saw that I also applied for Donghua, they rejected me. Is it normal this way? Actually I thought if I apply 2 universities in this category, then I will have more chance, but now if Donghua rejects me in the end I have no other choice. Or if they already told me that I am nominated for the scholarship, is it almost sure that I can go there? I don't really understand ? 

• Like 1