Chinese-Forums

2019 CSC Scholarships

lethargica
Lu
Message added by Lu

Dear scholarship applicants,

Please don't forget we have LOTS of useful information on this site, not just the scholarship topics. We can advise on learning Chinese, life in China, visas and if you can't find what you need to know, you can ask a question

Take a look around!

Lu

43 minutes ago, Zeus said:

No according to the grad page for Tsinghua, if you apply for the CSC they send your admin package after they give you the results.

But then for CSC, type A they have to send the admission package to CSC who will in-turn send the whole package together with visa forms to the respective embassies.. i just hope i am right.  

• Helpful 1

5 minutes ago, BM said:

But then for CSC, type A they have to send the admission package to CSC who will in-turn send the whole package together with visa forms to the respective embassies.. i just hope i am right.  

I believe so. @Zeus @BM Let us create a Tsinghua group on Wechat and send updates to each other. 

• Like 2

51 minutes ago, Gosia said:

People of Shanghai Jiao Tong University:
does anybody know when the dormitory reservation starts?

No idea but I would like to know. I also want to know if they will allow me to live off campus?

are there curfews? I’m 30 so I would hate a curfew

12 minutes ago, MissA said:

I also want to know if they will allow me to live off campus?

Of course, dorm is not required, you will get probably about 1000 yuan extra per month as an accommodation subsidy to find something off campus (but remember, Shanghai is quite pricy).
When I lived in Tsinghua dorm, there were no curfews (I am 27 y.o. so I would also not be so happy about that haha).

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Gosia said:

does anybody know when the dormitory reservation starts?

http://isc.sjtu.edu.cn/EN/show.aspx?info_lb=280&info_id=599&flag=5

5 hours ago, MissA said:

No idea but I would like to know. I also want to know if they will allow me to live off campus?

No curfews carried out in practice at international dorms. Dorms for local Chinese students have curfews.. something like 11pm ?

You can live off campus but from what I read on the UK embassy site, the subsidy is 700 yuan per month.. which does not go that far in Shanghai. If you look at the link above, the student guide says that SJTU give 1200 yuan per month for accommodation costs (general scholars). Even if they give 1200 instead of 700, that subsidy does not cover all of the international dorm fees in Xuhui.. Shanghai is pricey lol.

If I had the choice I would live off campus too since I am too mature for dorm life ?

• Thanks 1

Any person here with relevant information about Chongqing University. Secondly a number "201/202" followed by  8 digits appears below the photograph on the Uni portal. Uni portal says admitted and CSC in progress....any one has an idea ?

• New Members
11 hours ago, dejaga said:

Any person here with relevant information about Chongqing University. Secondly a number "201/202" followed by  8 digits appears below the photograph on the Uni portal. Uni portal says admitted and CSC in progress....any one has an idea ?

201/202 followed by 8 digits is your JW201/JW202 number (the visa application form).It seems you already have been admitted by the university, who has forwarded your application to CSC, in charge of sending  final documents package to your embassy.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, jz said:

If anyone has any (non-CSC related ) questions about studying in Tsinghua, feel free to msg me. I'm just finishing the first year of my Msc. so maybe i can be of help to some incoming students

Better yet, people can ask questions in one of our dedicated Tsinghua threads, where you can answer them. Then your answers can be useful to other prospective students as well. If you have time to write a write-up of your experiences and post it on these forums, that would be very valuable as well. Here is a guide to write-ups, if you would like to make one.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, jz said:

If anyone has any (non-CSC related ) questions about studying in Tsinghua, feel free to msg me. I'm just finishing the first year of my Msc. so maybe i can be of help to some incoming students

Please PM so i can add you to our new whatsapp group chat.. your help will be very valuable.. ?

• New Members

Hi!

I am from Switzerland and have been nominated for a CGS for the Tsinghua Language programme starting in Sept 2019.
Since many people on this platform mentioned it was hard to register to get a room since they were gone quickly, i was wondering whether we, as CGS students, receive a room for sure?

If not, then I am also happy to live off-campus. 
If anybody is also looking for accommodation around Tsinghua, or for fellow students before the semester starts, have to chat on wechat :)
if there is a group, happy to receive more info as to join as well!

Thank you

Susan :)

Hi guys, this is my case: I applied to Art Majors (painting) at 3 universities through the Embassy. I was preselected through the National Commitee on my country, then applied to the Universities online,  Ive been waiting patiently for a response. I just got this mail from Nanjing University of the Arts.

You applied three universities in your Chinese Government Scholarship(CSC) application, unfortunately, they refused your application .So CSC center transferred your materials to our university. 

1, Please check our website to get more information:/ Please confirm if you will study in our university. If you refuse, we will return your materials to CSC center and they will try to find you another university.
   2, Please notice that all our courses are taught in Chinese. If you come to study, you will have to study one more year of Chinese language and pass HSK 4. This year will also covered by CSC scholarship. Please confirm you accept or not.
   3, Please notice that our university doesn't have the major of communication. We suggest you choose culture industry administration or art communication. Please confirm our programs here:
   4, Please reply me as soon as possible. 
Yours,
Nanjing University of the Arts

What do you think? I never chose a Major in Communication tho, but...

6 hours ago, CaroCard said:

What do you think? I never chose a Major in Communication tho, but...

Check their website, check this program out, search for a program that is attractive to you. I think that if you accept now to be a student at this university, you will get a scholarship (this is my guess). It now all depends on you if you are ok with adjusting your major and learn Chinese language...

In Chongqing there actually are curfews for international dormitories, but it's not a problem to live off-campus and people who do that get another 700 extra per month for rent, which can cover a fairly decent apartment if you share it with someone else.